Seeking Advice On Headphones Amp/Dac For Classical Music
May 11, 2014 at 9:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

s1mp13m4n

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone. I am starting to enjoy classical music. I am a classical music newbie. My music files are in Apple Lossless format. I will be playing them on an iMac using iTunes or an iPod Touch. My three headphones that I own are the Audio Technica M50, Shure SE215 IEMs, and Sony MDR V6. My amp/dac choices are the Headroom Total Bithead and the Fiio E07. Which setup might offer the best balance for listening to classical music? I have the Fiio adapter to connect the Amp using the iPod 30 pin connector rather than the headphone jack. Thank you for the help.

May 12, 2014 at 1:48 AM Post #2 of 3
If you stay with these headphones, then go for the E07. it provides black background.
If you want a bigger sound-stage, i'd suggest a cMoy, or a Fiio E12, but then you need a separate DAC.

do write your budget.

May 12, 2014 at 1:51 AM Post #3 of 3
Hello everyone. I am starting to enjoy classical music. I am a classical music newbie. My music files are in Apple Lossless format. I will be playing them on an iMac using iTunes or an iPod Touch. My three headphones that I own are the Audio Technica M50, Shure SE215 IEMs, and Sony MDR V6. My amp/dac choices are the Headroom Total Bithead and the Fiio E07. Which setup might offer the best balance for listening to classical music? I have the Fiio adapter to connect the Amp using the iPod 30 pin connector rather than the headphone jack. Thank you for the help.

I would assume your own ear are the best judge as to which hardware (Bithead & FiiO E7) will work better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back