Seeking advice on earphones.
Dec 14, 2011 at 12:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Widge

New Head-Fier
I'm in the market for some decent quality earphones. I'm looking at two from Audio-Technica; ATH-CK400i, ATH-CKS55BK, as well as Denon AH-C710 but i am open to suggestions. iPhone compatibility is nice but isn't a deal maker or breaker. the upper end of my budget is around $150.
 What advice could you guys offer a near clueless individual like me? What to look for, what to avoid, specific models, etc..

Thanks,​
         W​

Dec 14, 2011 at 12:27 PM Post #2 of 3
Welcome to Head-Fi, Widge. As you may be aware, each and every IEM out there has its own unique sound signature. With that in mind, it would be helpful if you could post your musical preferences and/or the type of sound you prefer......neutral, bassy, midrange focused, great high end. There is no such thing as the "best" headphone, only what is "best" for you. I'm sure others will chime in with recommendations once they know what you are looking for. :D

Dec 15, 2011 at 10:45 AM Post #3 of 3
I knew I was forgetting something! Hah. I mostly listen to indie, alternative, and classic rocks as well as the occasional foray into trance. I'm not sure about the spectrum emphasis. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back