Seek <$100 ear buds... NOT in ear kind though
Jan 5, 2015 at 2:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

brandobean

New Head-Fier
I'm an audio professional, new to this forum (hello!) seeking recommendations for ear buds... The kind that gently rest inside your ear without going into your ear canal much if at all. My ears go into insane wax creation mode if I insert stuff in my ears and get super sore.

I'm noticing the higher end has moved to sound isolating IEM sorts of phones (as has the entire buyers guide and recommended phones threads?) but I can't use those.

what I like: neutral transparent sound that skews a little warm. I like my HD280s (older) which make everything sound good at the expense of some clarity and my Sony V6s for studio work (clearer). I did not care for the audio technica m50 as I found them boomy and "scooped". I know those are not ear buds obviously but I wanted you to get to know me!

Didn't Bose used to make ear buds that rested in ears without going deep years ago?

Any other recommendations? Tips for those of us that can't insert phones but need a quality travel solution?

Thanks!
Brandon

Jan 8, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #2 of 3
Update: Someone I spoke to on the plane the other day mentioned that the new Bose IEMs are much easier on the ears than traditional IEM monitors. He says the gel tips don't protrude that far inside your ear canal. Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back