SeeAudio Rinko Discussion and Impressions Thread
Apr 26, 2023 at 5:22 AM Post #46 of 55
Thinking about picking up either the Rinkos or the 7hz Legato. Does anyone have both? I hear the Legatos have a lot of bass, but I'm worried it'll be too much.

Cheers

Apr 26, 2023 at 9:59 AM Post #49 of 55
Thinking about picking up either the Rinkos or the 7hz Legato. Does anyone have both? I hear the Legatos have a lot of bass, but I'm worried it'll be too much.

Cheers
Yeah they're both for serious bass. I love the rinkos for big orchestral pieces but if all I listened to was string quartets, opera and sterile pop, there are better choices. I even think the rinkos handle jazz well, controlling the ride cymbal of the drummer nicely.

If you want a more neutral sound, the 7hz diokos are absolutely sweet sounding. Just a little sub bass bump and then cleeeeean, with that planar vibe. They do benefit from a little amplification though.

Apr 28, 2023 at 2:01 PM Post #50 of 55
I have a set of those Rinko's, the Z Reviews edition and in the few weeks that I've had them I love the sound.
Anybody that wants can start spouting off all kinds of specs, measurements, design elements etc. To me all that is irrelevant as long as they sound good and I enjoy them that's all that matters. Personally since I've gotten these all my other iems and headphones are gathering dust I enjoy them that much and for $100 everybody should buy a pair!

Apr 28, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #51 of 55
I have a set of those Rinko's, the Z Reviews edition and in the few weeks that I've had them I love the sound.
Anybody that wants can start spouting off all kinds of specs, measurements, design elements etc. To me all that is irrelevant as long as they sound good and I enjoy them that's all that matters. Personally since I've gotten these all my other iems and headphones are gathering dust I enjoy them that much and for $100 everybody should buy a pair!
I do think the rinko are gonna really spark a new trend of some iems finally deviating from safe, boring Harman tuning and focusing on having some personality.

Also watched the new HBB video on his new collab with KZ to make a sub-$50 planar PR2, and he really kinda hand-waved away how he handled the rinko driver thing in a way I was not impressed by. I wish he would just re-review a production pair and mention that he was wrong about the micro planar not being one. I'd like to hear what he thinks about them anyways, since he didn't have a production set.

His new kz collab looks killer though. A $50 PR1 driver with his tuning is probably gonna be the new $50 king with no caveats, like how the rosefinch are amazing, *if you also like a lot of treble sparkle*

It almost certainly ain't gonna unseat the rinko for me though. I got some dunu S&S tips (again on zeos recommendation as an alternative to the renders) and it's heaven. Now tied for my favorite tips with TRN T's.

May 28, 2023 at 2:04 AM Post #53 of 55
Here's my thoughts on this iem

😂. As someone who was hardcore into car audio when younger, in my opinion you equating the bass to the Pyle's automatically made me just dismiss your opinion. The bass extension on these are not like JL 12W6's but the Rinkos are tight and hit low and don't distort like Pyle subs (Listen to Bassnectar Reaching Out). Pyle subs distorted and sounded muddy, Rinkos are nothing like that for the bass. The eartips are also great for me and it's a hybrid of silicon over foam, they don't fall apart either, so no idea what you're talking about. Also if your old school car audio, you should love these given that MB Quart separates for higher frequencies used to make your ears bleed with the higher frequencies, similar to planars in higher frequency ranges and these remind me of the old school car audio days. The clear silicon isn't glued to the foam, there is an air gap. I paid full price, not a Patreon of Zeos, watch his videos because he's fun to watch but don't take his comments that seriously. I bought these because I wanted a fun pair of iems that were different then reference Harmon and I was not disappointed. I also don't mind the Waifus and actually like the frame, the little holder/stand and the transparent card.

If there is a con to these it's some vocals seem distant compared to the instruments when there are busy sections of the music. Not to the point it's unpleasant though.

May 28, 2023 at 9:03 AM Post #54 of 55
😂. As someone who was hardcore into car audio when younger, in my opinion you equating the bass to the Pyle's automatically made me just dismiss your opinion. The bass extension on these are not like JL 12W6's but the Rinkos are tight and hit low and don't distort like Pyle subs (Listen to Bassnectar Reaching Out). Pyle subs distorted and sounded muddy, Rinkos are nothing like that for the bass. The eartips are also great for me and it's a hybrid of silicon over foam, they don't fall apart either, so no idea what you're talking about. Also if your old school car audio, you should love these given that MB Quart separates for higher frequencies used to make your ears bleed with the higher frequencies, similar to planars in higher frequency ranges and these remind me of the old school car audio days. The clear silicon isn't glued to the foam, there is an air gap. I paid full price, not a Patreon of Zeos, watch his videos because he's fun to watch but don't take his comments that seriously. I bought these because I wanted a fun pair of iems that were different then reference Harmon and I was not disappointed. I also don't mind the Waifus and actually like the frame, the little holder/stand and the transparent card.

If there is a con to these it's some vocals seem distant compared to the instruments when there are busy sections of the music. Not to the point it's unpleasant though.
My foam wouldn't go back to its original shape after a day, they irritated my ears, and the quantity of mid bass does remind me of a poorly tuned car system

Aug 6, 2023 at 9:05 PM Post #55 of 55
The White Rinko have been added to the listings. Same Tuning, Slightly different box art on back and a pin added.

1691370278580.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back