Second update (need opinions): my mom is about to get UE-11s
Mar 9, 2008 at 9:26 PM Post #106 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Mother /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello Baines 93, I do also think it is a good idea to wait for a couple of years. My daughter is soon 16, and she is still growing. To put this sum of money into something that custommade, would be a complete waste if you outgrow them too fast. But hang in there, age is definately on your side! I wish I had those IEM's long long time ago..... Picture will come.

Take care

Having to have refits once a year, or less is no problem as these are a gift from the company to a someone who is "very interested in this field for his age" as he put it, and he knew i would love them, and had wanted a pair since i came to head-fi.

Even if i have to have refits, at £20 or £40, i cant remeber, i can have lots of refits before i have spent the ammount they cost to buy, so either way its a win!

And even at this age when ears change most, i was told by him ~2+ years, and as you are middle age (i guess?) they still change but less so, so i think 1-2 yrs is incorrect, maybe 4-5+, and if you enjoy them its worth it. As you get old old i think ears change more, especially the lobes, and maybe the canals too.

Also the cold weather may change the shape/size of the ear canal slightly, but it should still be fine, as just like with universal iem's and foam tips they keep your earcanal slighlty warm, and the tips soften up, so it shouldnt be a problem, especially if you are wearing a beanie hat or something :p.

Also if they bring out a UE-13 or onwards, you could sell yours, and the buyer could pay for them and the small cost of recasing them, and save some money, while you make some money to go towards the new UE13 or whatever they make next.

With my cheaper customs it would be as worth it for me as i wouldnt get much if i sold them, but with £500+ iems, it would be easy, especially if the buyer new they would save $200 or so on the retail price, that ou just payed.

Looking foward to pics, You listening now? All the time? lol.

Matt

Mar 10, 2008 at 3:25 AM Post #107 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Having to have refits once a year, or less is no problem as these are a gift from the company to a someone who is "very interested in this field for his age" as he put it, and he knew i would love them, and had wanted a pair since i came to head-fi.

Even if i have to have refits, at £20 or £40, i cant remeber, i can have lots of refits before i have spent the ammount they cost to buy, so either way its a win!

And even at this age when ears change most, i was told by him ~2+ years, and as you are middle age (i guess?) they still change but less so, so i think 1-2 yrs is incorrect, maybe 4-5+, and if you enjoy them its worth it. As you get old old i think ears change more, especially the lobes, and maybe the canals too.

Also the cold weather may change the shape/size of the ear canal slightly, but it should still be fine, as just like with universal iem's and foam tips they keep your earcanal slighlty warm, and the tips soften up, so it shouldnt be a problem, especially if you are wearing a beanie hat or something :p.

Also if they bring out a UE-13 or onwards, you could sell yours, and the buyer could pay for them and the small cost of recasing them, and save some money, while you make some money to go towards the new UE13 or whatever they make next.

With my cheaper customs it would be as worth it for me as i wouldnt get much if i sold them, but with £500+ iems, it would be easy, especially if the buyer new they would save $200 or so on the retail price, that ou just payed.

Looking foward to pics, You listening now? All the time? lol.

Matt

If it is once a year to do the refit, then for sure I should get a pair for my daughter! It is definately a win either way! It is fascinating to hear that cold weather does change the earcanal, I guess that goes for the softer part of it. I wonder if it is possible to sell them, I mean, to see them let go... Have you heard that they are going to make ue-13, or is it only something you expect will happen sooner or later?

I'm surely listening all the time. My husband starts to complain LOL....

Take care

Mar 10, 2008 at 7:28 AM Post #109 of 123
Quote:

If it is once a year to do the refit, then for sure I should get a pair for my daughter! It is definately a win either way! It is fascinating to hear that cold weather does change the earcanal, I guess that goes for the softer part of it. I wonder if it is possible to sell them, I mean, to see them let go... Have you heard that they are going to make ue-13, or is it only something you expect will happen sooner or later?

I'm surely listening all the time. My husband starts to complain LOL....

Take care

I just imagine a big company like that will make a new model. With either more drivers (crazy as is) or options for different material shells.

Matt

Mar 10, 2008 at 7:38 AM Post #110 of 123
Well since it took so long for UE to come up with the UE-11s no one is expecting a UE-12 anytime soon. Besides, what would they do? A quintuple armature driver would not make any sense. Some have requested "UE-10 extreme", with all the benefits the quadruple UE-11 provide but with a more neutral UE-10 sound signature.

Mar 10, 2008 at 10:57 AM Post #112 of 123
If anything, I think UE will come out with some newer version of a triple.fi next, hopefully. Also baine, I think she said her daughter is 16...same as me. I'm thinking of getting customs this year (LiveWires) so it won't be bad to get her customs. Now if she was somewhere around the age of 12, then I would scream crazy
wink.gif

Mar 14, 2008 at 6:04 PM Post #115 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bump!

Whats happening about the mess up?

Matt

We have both decided to just send them in and forget about the backup pair. We just can't separate from these earphones, so we decided to wait for a while
wink.gif
Also, I am waiting for my SR 325i to arrive, so that I have some type of quality sound transducers to listen to while they're gone
tongue.gif

No but seriously, I was going to book an appointment with the audiologist this wednesday but caught the flu, so I'm doing new impressions next week. Mom has already done new impressions for her left ear, in fact the audiologist made two new impressions for free. She is the only one that's in a hurry since her left ear starts hurting after a while due to a fit + insertion problem.

Mar 21, 2008 at 3:36 PM Post #118 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by Al4x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you knnow, i was considering the ue 11 for the future, but now that yo umention the customs charge, thers no way i could justify the cost, VAT and customs would probably take the cost to $1300-1400!, about £650!

Are you sure the customs is that bad in UK though? I mean, Sweden is wellknown for the highest taxes in the world! Or maybe Denmark passed us last year...

Take care

Mar 21, 2008 at 3:47 PM Post #119 of 123
Quote:

Are you sure the customs is that bad in UK though? I mean, Sweden is wellknown for the highest taxes in the world! Or maybe Denmark passed us last year...

Take care

You would think that the way people here in the US complain about taxes, that we have the highest
rolleyes.gif

Mar 21, 2008 at 6:45 PM Post #120 of 123
belgium aint that nice either. they take 21% of your paycheck for the state another 8% for social services and on everything you buy again 21%
and then they waste 1,5 billion on fines they have to pay for paying their bills to late. nice gouverment we got eh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back