Second player, which one should I go for?
Jun 14, 2005 at 1:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

toucam

Head-Fier
I have an Ipod Photo 60GB and l'm thinking about buying another DAP just for the sake of it
icon10.gif
The new player will be paired with Shure E5C. Is NW-HD3 much smaller than Karma? How big is Karma compare to Ipod Photo?
The two players cost almost the same, Rio Karma for £129.99 and I can get Sony NW-HD3 for £135.99 directly from Sonystyle UK as I have the promotion code.
Which one should I get? I tend to lean over the Sony's as it looks nice and quite small, and it sounds good too.

Jun 14, 2005 at 1:47 AM Post #2 of 7
just for the sake of it? good reason
600smile.gif
. idunno, try anything that appeals to you. or maybe wait and try out kenwood's new DAP player.

Jun 14, 2005 at 1:52 AM Post #3 of 7
ever considered a flash player?

since you already have an ipod you may want to consider the shuffle if you already have a bunch of files in AAC format (or bought a bunch of songs from itunes [which would also be in AAC format])

if not then creative, iriver, and iaudio make some nice players

i have an iriver ifp-895 and it's quite nice

Jun 14, 2005 at 2:11 AM Post #4 of 7
I forgot to mention it must be hard disk-based. Flash player isn't really for me as I have about 100gb of music, almost half of it is Trance. So the new player will be totally Trance-dedicated
etysmile.gif
I think I've done with Creative as I had such bad experiences with my first player, the Zen USB 2.0 20GB, and I swore that I would never buy a player from Creative ever again. The sound quality is very good but it was so unreliable that made it useless. Anyway, I don't really want to spend over £150 for the new one as I've got the Ipod already.

Jun 15, 2005 at 2:18 AM Post #7 of 7
If you need another player just to fit the rest of your collection why not just get another iPod? Are you using iTunes or something else? Consider what software you are currently running and what the new player would require to manage music. It may end up being a total hassle to sync two different brands of players and their associated software.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back