Second listenings- HD595, K271, K141 - need new recommendations
Sep 11, 2007 at 4:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

krc2

100+ Head-Fier
Well I took another trip to audition the cans again, but I had very different responses the second time around. Same system, mostly the same source material.

HD595: I can TOTALLY notice the L/C/R seperation on the soundstage that Head-fiers are talking about. It seems like the soundstage lumps into those areas. I played some drum n bass on these though and they were picking up low notes, but didnt have quite the impact or extension that I want. Soundstage was nice, but I prefer bigger on open cans. Music on these are still quite engaging.

K271: was happy to hear these again, but not thrilled with the bass. I think I had been auditioning the HD595 and K701 for a long period last time, so slapping these on was like a bass flood. This time, however, I noticed that the K271 lacks extension in the lower end. It has a nice amount of bass, but was rolled off very early. Great soundstage for closed though, I didnt get the 'claustrophobic' feeling in these that some suggest. Mids sounded great.

K141: was interested to see what these were like. Put them on, auditioned a few songs, but was just not that interested. Didnt 'wow' or engage me at all.

So, I've got a better idea of what Im looking for.

Soundstage: LARGER (I like the K701, HD595 is not quite there)
Open/Closed: OPEN
Bass: DEEPLY EXTENDING AND FULL
Mids: DETAILED (I like the AKG sound)

Suggestions?

Sep 11, 2007 at 4:40 AM Post #2 of 4
Have you looked into the Beyer DT 990 yet? That should have the deep bass that you're looking for and it's also pretty good in the detail/soundstage front.

Sep 11, 2007 at 6:23 AM Post #3 of 4
If you have the opportunity try the Hd 600...I think you'll be impressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back