Second Dallas Headphone Meeting - Feb. 17!
Jan 23, 2002 at 10:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

Flumpus

Needs more Soylent Greento become Omega Man
Ok guys, this is official
smily_headphones1.gif
Times are not official however. Feb. 17 is a Sunday. I'm thinking start around 3:00pm, then go until we get hungry, grab something to eat (Wingstop gets my vote), then do some more listening. Watch for an e-mail from me a little later this week with all the info. I'll also e-mail Justin and Adi (spelling), the two guys who were here last time but have kinda disappeared.

Bring all the equipment you can. If you have a unique source, or a good DAC, bring that too. I'm planning on setting up everything in the living room with my 555 and my roommate's Marantz 4000OSE into an Art DI/O as sources. If you wanna add anything to that, feel free
smily_headphones1.gif
As far as interconnects, bring 'em! I love cables...

Hope to hear from everyone, and hope to see everyone here on the 17th!

Jan 24, 2002 at 12:54 AM Post #2 of 30
I'll be there.

I'll bring an MG Head OTL with rolled tubes, Sennheiser 580's, and Clou Blue cable. If anyone is interested, I'll bring my stash of tubes for a live tube rolling session. Hear the difference!

I will also bring an ART DI/O with Boldercable type II interconnects, Boldercable SP/DIF cable, and upgraded DI/O power supply. It might be wise to have at least two DI/O's on hand since Hirsch experienced significant differences between his stock units.

I'll also bring my Bottlehead Foreplay preamp. It's been built with sex-say crystal magnet wire, a stereo stepped attenuator, upgraded output caps (Auricaps), and C4S boards.

Building this thing was a blast... everyone should do it. A tubed preamp project for $149 is pretty sweet!

Jan 24, 2002 at 1:55 AM Post #3 of 30
I'll have at least this on hand (der):

ART DI/O - (probably still stock), probably the one flumpus mentioned
Beyerdynamic DT831
Corda HA-1
MG Head OTL (stock tubes)
Panasonic SL-320 portable CD
Sennheiser HD600 (stock cable)
Sony 7506
Sony D-25S portable CD
some CDs
and probably a good bit of stupid questions

Kelly

...and I'm cool with Wingstop.

Jan 24, 2002 at 1:55 AM Post #4 of 30
Good call on the DIO... Kelly is bringing his as well.

Can't wait to hear the preamp too! Wonder how it compares to the melos as a preamp... Guess we'll find out
smily_headphones1.gif

And I e-mailed headroom about gettin' some stuff, but I don't wanna say what until I hear back from them. So anticipate at least what was at the last meeting (Headroom is the best).

Jan 24, 2002 at 3:25 PM Post #7 of 30
I'm still around! And, I'll probably be there as well...

Wow... Nick... nice job on getting the MG Head OTL... PLEASE bring all your tubes - I can't wait to hear all the differences. Kelly, you too on the MG Head OTL... that's definitely going to be my next amp - whenever the money thing gets into shape.

I have some new headphones since last meet, and taller stack of cd's for that matter, but as far as headphones go, I have

Sennheiser HD580
Grado SR125
Sony MDRV6
Koss KSC50

And I'll also bring my Creek OBH-11 in case anyone wants to listen to it.

Please let me know if anyone wants me to bring my CD player (AMC CD8b)

Jan 24, 2002 at 8:07 PM Post #8 of 30
Quote:

Originally posted by jerikl

And I'll also bring my Creek OBH-11 in case anyone wants to listen to it.

Please let me know if anyone wants me to bring my CD player (AMC CD8b)

Please do bring the OBH-11. I just ALMOST bought one of those before talking myself into the Corda.

Kelly

Jan 25, 2002 at 7:26 AM Post #10 of 30
I'll be there. don't have a hell of a lot to bring yet but I do have a lot of questions.
smily_headphones1.gif

Let me know the specifics.

steven

TA w/ airhead bag and harness,,,
Cosmic w/ traveler bag
Ety 4S, Sony V6, E888
Maybe Bose QC for some laughs.
I might order the HD600 w/ RED cable tomorrow.
It's only money!

Jan 26, 2002 at 1:28 AM Post #11 of 30
Hmmm yeah, actually... I do want to bring my CD player. I've kind of been wondering how an Art DI/O would make my system sound. But first, MG Head OTL.

Jan 28, 2002 at 10:36 AM Post #12 of 30
Hi my name is Steven Eastburn and I am an headphone listener. I would love to go to the Dallas Meeting on Feb 17.
I live in Mesquite TX so it would easy for me to get there.
I need the address though.

If I come I would bring my Sennheiser 580's, CAL California Audio Labs Sigma Dac, Monarchy DIP box, Rotel 971 CD player, Adcom GTP-450 preamp wich has a very good built in headphone amp, Purist Audio Elementa Texas Water Cables, Cardas Digital Cable and my Creed OBH-11.

Please let me know how to get to the meeting. Thanks.

You Can email me with address at efor@earthlink.net

Jan 28, 2002 at 4:19 PM Post #13 of 30
Quote:

Originally posted by Steven

If I come I would bring my Sennheiser 580's, CAL California Audio Labs Sigma Dac, Monarchy DIP box, Rotel 971 CD player, Adcom GTP-450 preamp wich has a very good built in headphone amp, Purist Audio Elementa Texas Water Cables, Cardas Digital Cable and my Creed OBH-11.

Oooh cool, you have a DIP. Is it the 2496 model? We're gonna tag-team flumpus. If the ART DI/O doesn't sound better than his CD player's redbook output, we're going to add your DIP and finish him off.

You guys all have stuff I want.
smily_headphones1.gif

Kelly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back