Sebadoh III Re-Issue
Aug 18, 2006 at 3:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

gratefulshrink

Headphoneus Supremus
Sebadoh III was just re-issued -- with a full disc of bonus tracks -- in all it's lo-fi glory.

Although I still will reach for Pavement first, Sebadoh really does compliment them as masters of the early/mid 90's indie scene.

IMO, of course.

cool.gif

Aug 18, 2006 at 6:04 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by gratefulshrink
Sebadoh III was just re-issued -- with a full disc of bonus tracks -- in all it's lo-fi glory.

Although I still will reach for Pavement first, Sebadoh really does compliment them as masters of the early/mid 90's indie scene.

IMO, of course.

cool.gif

Definately a fan of the III/SMASH YOUR HEAD ON THE PUNK ROCK/BUBBLE & SCRAPE ERA - after that it was pretty hit or miss. I think losing Eric sort of lost a dimension with them. They were pretty wild live back then, of course, taking 5 minutes to tune between each song killed the momentum!

-jar

Aug 21, 2006 at 3:23 AM Post #3 of 5
Taking inspiration from Husker Du...
It's a new generation of electric white boy blues!
Gimme Indie Rock!

great news...
biggrin.gif

Aug 21, 2006 at 4:49 AM Post #4 of 5
What a funny album to read about in a Head-fi forum! Crappy sounding 4-track deluxe remaster, ha ha. For another un-headphone friendly album, how about the recent DualDisc remastered version of The Jesus And The Mary Chain's Psychocandy?

Aug 21, 2006 at 1:19 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fastnbulbous
What a funny album to read about in a Head-fi forum! Crappy sounding 4-track deluxe remaster, ha ha. For another un-headphone friendly album, how about the recent DualDisc remastered version of The Jesus And The Mary Chain's Psychocandy?

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and figure that you're being sarcastic
wink.gif
, as we all know that the quality of the recording does not say anything about the quality of the music (and vice versa). The lo-fi movement was as much as an aesthetic statement as one borne out of financial necessity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back