Seattle Spring Meet @ BottleHeadquarters April 26,2014
Apr 22, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #196 of 245
9am breakfast at easy street records in west seattle to get things rolling then off to the ferry. You can buy music to take to the meet. Right on the corner of alaska and california.

You guys catching the downtown ferry or Fauntleroy? What time are y'all expecting to be over at Bottlehead by?

Great breakfast place btw, haven't been in there in some time. I used to go to the CP for some pool and shenanigans right below as well.

Apr 22, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #197 of 245
Downtown ferry. We are trying to get enough time to get on ferry and not be late.

Apr 22, 2014 at 11:41 PM Post #198 of 245
I'm picking up member "blownaway" from the Udistrict area.  We plan to catch the 12:20 ferry.  I have two more seats available.  Remember to bring your fare coin.  I'll pay for the vehicle fee.  PM me if you need a lift.

UPDATE: I now have a full load, with room for equipment.  Picking up Miceblue and his friend from the SEA ferry terminal.

Also, I plan to catch the 5:30pm ferry back to SEA.

Apr 23, 2014 at 12:35 AM Post #200 of 245
Streamliner Diner. Turn left at the first real intersection off the ferry, (Winslow Way) by the police station. Streamliner is down the street about a block and a half on the left. If there is a line, Blackbird bakery another block or so on the right has quiche/pastry/soup type stuff and Fork and Spoon is a great sandwich shop down the alleyway right behind it.
Keep going down the street to the next intersection (madison) and you will find Bainbridge Bakers in the mall on the far righthand corner.
They are all very good, Streamliner at the top of the list and probably Bainbridge Bakers number two, but all very good.

If none of those appeals turn left at the intersection and follow the street down a couple blocks to the right hand bend and go for another long block. The Public House in on the left, Gil's favorite. It has a full bar (like I said, Gil's favorite) and great burgers and fish and chips if you want something a little more filling.

Somebody save this as a reference for future meetings we host.

Apr 23, 2014 at 1:52 AM Post #202 of 245
Streamliner Diner. Turn left at the first real intersection off the ferry, (Winslow Way) by the police station. Streamliner is down the street about a block and a half on the left. If there is a line, Blackbird bakery another block or so on the right has quiche/pastry/soup type stuff and Fork and Spoon is a great sandwich shop down the alleyway right behind it.
Keep going down the street to the next intersection (madison) and you will find Bainbridge Bakers in the mall on the far righthand corner.
They are all very good, Streamliner at the top of the list and probably Bainbridge Bakers number two, but all very good.

If none of those appeals turn left at the intersection and follow the street down a couple blocks to the right hand bend and go for another long block. The Public House in on the left, Gil's favorite. It has a full bar (like I said, Gil's favorite) and great burgers and fish and chips if you want something a little more filling.

Somebody save this as a reference for future meetings we host.

Yes Doc B The Public House at the Marina is my favorite. You know us Chef types. It has the Million dollar view of Seattle with the ameneties. Easy Street has the Suzy Q. 6.75 bacon and eggs. My other favorite, ask Curbfeeler... Then Beths Cafe. I have my own table, even when its busy.

Apr 23, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #203 of 245
I plan to make it, Stax rig, Schiit stack, Grado, Beyer, Laptop. Hpiper may join me with similar amount of gear. My second meet, looking forward to a great time!

Apr 23, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #204 of 245
We are starting to work on the setup for the event. The attendee list is growing and it would be helpful if we had a sense of who would like table space for gear and who plans to simply sample the sensual pleasures, of which their will be many. At this point we are planning about a dozen or so table setups upon which one larger or two smaller setups can be placed. We will have our gear set up in the listening room upstairs. That will include at least two Crack amp setups with Crackheadphones, a S.E.X. amp or two, a Mainline with HD800s and Paramounts and a BeePre running K1000s. We will be using two sources, our Nagra tape machine and a Mac mini server playing through the functional prototype of the very soon to be released Bottlehead DAC. The lobby, the lab, the packing room and possibly my office will be set up with tables for everyone who brings a demo setup.

Apr 23, 2014 at 3:09 PM Post #208 of 245
I'll take a table please. Going to bring two laptops, an Odac, Vali, Tubemagic A1, Yulong D100, Project Ember, and my headphones (He-4 and Mad Dog 3.2).

Also got an e-mail from Peter at Hifiman, unfortunately they wouldn't be able to ship out the HE-560 on time for the meet. I tried... good news is their orders should be bound to ship very soon.

Apr 23, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #209 of 245
We are starting to work on the setup for the event. The attendee list is growing and it would be helpful if we had a sense of who would like table space for gear and who plans to simply sample the sensual pleasures, of which their will be many.

I would like a table please. My friend will likely go around the tables and listen to peoples' gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back