Seattle Spring Meet @ BottleHeadquarters April 26,2014
Apr 18, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #151 of 245
  What kind of car do you drive? I can get you there easily.... :wink:

I drive a Bimmer but I plan on taking the family sedan because mileage. ;P Kia Optima Korean pride!

just text me we can get you on the right path to the meet.

Alrighty, will do. Thanks a lot! I'm aware I must time myself to be in time for a ferry for a certain time. Any tips? 

Apr 18, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #153 of 245
  Alrighty, will do. Thanks a lot! I'm aware I must time myself to be in time for a ferry for a certain time. Any tips? 

From the Bainbridge ferry dock to the Bottlehead HQ can't be more than 10 minutes right? They're by the many buildings before the very dock area if I remember correctly (from the Gmaps). Ferry ride to Bainbridge is about 30-40m from downtown Seattle, so whichever will ferry leaves an hour before when we're suppose to set up would be sufficient.

Apr 19, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #154 of 245

From the Bainbridge ferry dock to the Bottlehead HQ can't be more than 10 minutes right? They're by the many buildings before the very dock area if I remember correctly (from the Gmaps). Ferry ride to Bainbridge is about 30-40m from downtown Seattle, so whichever will ferry leaves an hour before when we're suppose to set up would be sufficient.

Thanks for the info and looking forward to seeing you (and my ol' usb cable) there. :)

All,

I'll be coming from the eastside and driving, so if you need a lift to the meet, just post and PM me the details.

Ah, I'm also driving but if you want to be my driving buddy and drive together, that'd be awesome (though I can't guarantee that I'll be on time since border crossings and what not). Might stop by some place to eat in Seattle before heading over water.

Apr 19, 2014 at 1:27 AM Post #155 of 245
Getting there earlier, the better.  Time really flies when having fun and the last meet I was at, I didn't get to audition everything I wanted.

My setup is relatively small and light.  Just my Thinkpad with FLAC and a few HD Track (24/96) albums, Miniwatt N4, ibasso DX50, and Grado RS2.

Apr 19, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #157 of 245
Sounds like the CD rippers problem. You at least want one that will read the CD twice and compare results. Better if it will check an online db. I use dbPowerAmp ( I think that's it) but its on Windows. I don't know a Mac one off hand.

Apr 19, 2014 at 4:41 PM Post #158 of 245
Sounds like the CD rippers problem. You at least want one that will read the CD twice and compare results. Better if it will check an online db. I use dbPowerAmp ( I think that's it) but its on Windows. I don't know a Mac one off hand.

dbPoweramp is great...Mac beta version w/ ripper is about a month away http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?33371-When-will-dBpoweramp-for-Mac-be-ready-to-use

Apr 19, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #159 of 245

I have seen other people (Ken at ALO audio) ripped CD using iturne before just fine. Hell...I don't know. My Macbook has external CD driver by the way.
  dbPoweramp is great...Mac beta version w/ ripper is about a month away http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?33371-When-will-dBpoweramp-for-Mac-be-ready-to-use

I will check them out.

What other Mac users are using?

Apr 19, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #160 of 245
Looking forward to next weekend.  I should be able to make it.  I just swapped out my attenuator on the KGSSHV for a new Goldpoint.  I'm planning to bring my Stax setup and some Top Pot donuts for everyone.

Apr 19, 2014 at 7:27 PM Post #161 of 245
  Looking forward to next weekend.  I should be able to make it.  I just swapped out my attenuator on the KGSSHV for a new Goldpoint.  I'm planning to bring my Stax setup and some Top Pot donuts for everyone.

Wow! I don't know if I want to hear these or not for fear of ruining other HPs to my brain. Then again I also don't want to say I had the chance to hear them and passed...
confused_face_2.gif

Apr 19, 2014 at 8:03 PM Post #162 of 245
Adding some cans to what I'm bringing.... updated list:

Cans
  1. HD-800s with DHC Symbiote Cable
  2. Brand New Alpha Dogs
  3. Denon AH-D7000s 
  4. AKG K812s - one month old 
  5. LCD2 RV1 with balanced 4-pin Q audio cable (for sale)
  6. Sennheiser HD600/HD650 w/15' Cardas Cable (for sale)
  7. Grado SR225i 

Amps:
  1. WooAudio WA7 Fireflies (for sale)
  2. Burson HA160D (for sale)
  3. Custom Tim Paravicini shunt-regulated amp 
  4. Magni/Modi w/Nordost Blue Heaven USB (for sale)

Might come across some HE-6s too; they sound amazing with the SEX amp.

Apr 19, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #163 of 245
  I have seen other people (Ken at ALO audio) ripped CD using iturne before just fine. Hell...I don't know. My Macbook has external CD driver by the way.
I will check them out.

What other Mac users are using?

iTunes is technically fine if you're just ripping stuff like Justin Bieber. Then you have dbpoweramp (best), Max to rip, XLD to convert that you can use if you don't listen to JB. :)

Apr 19, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #164 of 245

Wow! I don't know if I want to hear these or not for fear of ruining other HPs to my brain. Then again I also don't want to say I had the chance to hear them and passed...
confused_face_2.gif

This is exactly my current dilemma. When I was still uninitiated, I took a listen to the LCD2 (which was fairly new at the time). I just couldn't bear listening to anything else I had. :\

Apr 19, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #165 of 245
  I need somebody to teach me how to convert CD to Apple Lostless. I encountered some problem that songs towards the end of CD sound very scrachy

If you can use a PC or Windows emulator on a mac I'd recommend Exact Audio Copy: http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/en/index.php/resources/download/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back