Seattle Spring Meet at BottleHeadquarters 4/25/2015 impressions
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2015 at 12:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

BIG POPPA

Headphoneus Supremus
This meet was probably the best at BottleHead since they started inviting us. We had a table full at the premeet. We had the biggest turnout. This place was jumping. We had new peeps from Canada, there was new gear to audition. Audeze EL-8's, even got to audition DocB's new DAC. Um that thing was making peeps grin from ear to ear. The Vinyl set up was just plain retro. Receiver , TT, receiver, cans. that was it. Great rig. All the new faces, a whole lot. And a Big Thank You to DocB and Queen Eileen, Just some of the best host's you can ever have. And I know there was a ton of pic's taken. More to come.

Apr 26, 2015 at 1:23 AM Post #2 of 36
Thanks @bigpoppa for organizing this meet and doc for having us. Probably the only headphones I still need to listen to are Ether, HE-1000 and SR-009 
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 26, 2015 at 1:40 AM Post #3 of 36

]

]

Apr 26, 2015 at 8:42 AM Post #4 of 36
Had a great time at Bottlehead HQ on this one, big thanks to Bottlehead (Doc B, Queen Eileen, and co) for hosting. Gil and Stan for getting it together and whoever I didn't mention.

I took some pics but only after 3 cups of the ipa so most came out blurry.. I'll see which came out fine.

Driving over narrows bridge.

Apr 26, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #5 of 36
Big thanks to Big Poppa for organizing. And very special thanks to Doc B and Queen E as the best hosts for which we could ask. A great time with so many. Had a lot of positive responses to the Auralic Vega + Crack + HD800 combination. Crack certainly holds its own in such fine company.

Apr 26, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #6 of 36
Thanks to everyone who attended yesterday. It was a great meet, I think maybe the best yet at our shop, and surely the most well attended. I think Gil said pretty close to 50 in attendance. It was great to see the old gang and a real treat to see so many new faces.

Apologies for not having our new amp running upstairs and only on static display. PB gave it a valiant effort but simply ran out of time to work out the last few details. That said our backup plan of running the K1Ks with a Parabee preamp and Paramount amps seemed to go over as well as it has in the past. If you heard and liked that yesterday, I think you will really like the new one once we get it finished. 

Apr 26, 2015 at 2:46 PM Post #7 of 36
  Thanks to everyone who attended yesterday. It was a great meet, I think maybe the best yet at our shop, and surely the most well attended. I think Gil said pretty close to 50 in attendance. It was great to see the old gang and a real treat to see so many new faces.

Apologies for not having our new amp running upstairs and only on static display. PB gave it a valiant effort but simply ran out of time to work out the last few details. That said our backup plan of running the K1Ks with a Parabee preamp and Paramount amps seemed to go over as well as it has in the past. If you heard and liked that yesterday, I think you will really like the new one once we get it finished. 

This might hold us over for now..beautiful! 

Apr 26, 2015 at 2:54 PM Post #8 of 36
This rocked my world. Going old school with Doc's AK1000 and his private collection 2nd gen studio master recording..  I've never heard a headphone setup offer so much realism and emotion as this, a real benchmark in my world. 

Driven via Triode amp

Bottlehead "Mainline" amp sounded great with my Grado GS1000e

Apr 26, 2015 at 4:53 PM Post #9 of 36
Us guys from Canada (eh) sure enjoyed the trip down. Definitely worth the 13 hour day trip :) Met lots of nice people. Learned lots since I am still a relative newb.

Highlights for me was getting to try the two pair of stax, listen to Bob's rig, try the fostex th-900's, and plug my LCD-3's into that Odyssey amp setup. Oh! And I can't forget that sick upstairs setup with the K1000's. Thanks to big poppa for not letting us leave without checking it out!

Definitely going to make the trip again.

Apr 27, 2015 at 12:40 AM Post #10 of 36
Lots of smiles at the event! Here are some pics.

Also I thought the WA7 sounded heavenly with the LCD-3s. First amp outside of my Mjo that I thought did an exceptional job with the LCD-3s. 

Audeze EL-8s sounded exceptional when I tried that out as well. Clean sound. I'm a sucker for Audeze I guess.

Big thanks to Queen Eileen and Doc B for hosting. It was lovely to meet you!

Apr 27, 2015 at 1:38 PM Post #13 of 36
Ah yes, another great meet!

Thanks to Doc, Eileen, Gil. Also everyone sharing gear (and adaptors several times!). Thanks miceblue for the advance list of attendees/gear--I knew in advance what to hunt down. Pre meet cioppino and brew at Harbor Pub was excellent.

Highlights for me:

Chat with Doc about the Tape Project and the listen to Dave Alvin and Bill Evans Trio cuts on the Nagra/Bottlehead/K1000 rig. Not "HI-FI", just music being played in the room!

Alpha Primes thru my WA6 - what an accomplishment. A closed can with great isolation that is beautifully balanced and transparent. Only when directly compared to the Stax Lambdas was it slightly less transparent.

LCD-3 thru WA6 - Completely relaxed, everything natural, detail everywhere but it's a coherent whole. Not dark. Again and again I like the LCD 2/3s

GS1000e thru WA6. Everything I like about my RS1i, but more expansive, and perhaps smoother?

Revisited HD 650 and HD 600 thru WA6. Excellent, not as much midrange cloud cover as I remember from when I sold my 650. Guess I'll have to re-buy one.

Didn't get to hear the Bottlehead Dac. Maybe one will show at the next meet.

Looking forward to the next one!!:)

Apr 28, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #14 of 36
This was a well-attended meet with some new blood to freshen the experience. As always, Doc B and Queen Eileen were gracious hosts.
Thanks to DrForBin for his kind words about my system. For the record that is comprised of:
Windows 7 laptop, JRiver MC 20 WASAPI, Light Harmonic Lightspeed split USB cable, iFi iUSBPower on 5V leg of Lightspeed alone, Benchmark DAC2 HGC/HPA2 amp, Nordost Heimdall 2 cabling and Audez’e LCD-2.2 cans

Apr 28, 2015 at 2:54 PM Post #15 of 36

I failed to mention the power provisioning and resonance control afforded my system.
These are:
Cryoparts, aka Lee Weiland, CryoMax III cables and cryogenically treated Marinco and Furutech connectors
Cryoparts outlet strip
Stillpoints OEM footers under the Benchmark
Stillpoints cones and risers under the laptop PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back