Seattle Redhook Meet Saturday July 26th, 2014
Jun 28, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #78 of 198
I will bring something that will make your rig sound different in 2 different ways. Cable guys will like it, non cables peeps should dig it??? Forgot to bring to Bottlehead but will make sure this meet. Have another one with usb in the works.... Have a pic on the fb page, tried to post it but the vpn has it in lockdown. Looking forward to the Brown Bag cafe. It has been a little while. We have had some great pre meets in the past, Matby Cafe, Skillet Diner, Public house at the harbor, Now the aftermeet list is long and distinguished..... And Seamaster put Redhook on the map....

Jun 29, 2014 at 12:21 AM Post #79 of 198
Miceblue, I want to try out all your headphones. I am salivating.

You attend UDub? I considered transferring there, until I decided on WSU-V.

I did attend the UW yup! : D
I just graduated though.

If anyone is interested in a jazz album, this is a really great one:
http://lynstanley.downloadsnow.net/lost-in-romance

Blue Coast Records is offering a 20% discount if you purchase the album before June 30.
To receive your rebate, forward your Paypal receipt to
support@downloadsnow.net with the Transaction ID and we'll give you a rebate. You'll see it in your account within 24 hours.

On top of this, BCR is offering a buy one album, get one free deal if you make a purchase of $20 or more in one transaction. Not too bad!

Jul 4, 2014 at 3:48 AM Post #80 of 198
So does anyone need any gear for their rigs or missing anything? Just going rhrough my list of things.

Jul 4, 2014 at 8:18 PM Post #81 of 198
I would really love to hear your Woo with my new LCDs, if you don't mind bringing it.  :)

Jul 5, 2014 at 12:44 AM Post #82 of 198
I would really love to hear your Woo with my new LCDs, if you don't mind bringing it.  :)

No Woo, have a SinglePower MPX3. Very smooth...

Jul 5, 2014 at 3:09 PM Post #83 of 198

I expect to be there and will have my WA6, though it's not exactly powerful with my current choice (for smooth synergy with RS1i) of GE 6DE7 power tubes. Will probably have some 6FD7 fatboys along.

Would love to hear Big Poppa's MPX3.

Jul 5, 2014 at 11:46 PM Post #84 of 198
It is very smooth with the set up I have. One of the great Senn Amps. Plus all the tweaking.

Jul 7, 2014 at 2:27 AM Post #85 of 198
Headfiers come from all over and the peeps from Vancouver and Portland and there abouts have a better chance to make the meets. In this case it was the earliest I could book it.

Delayed response I know, but thanks for the info. Definitely makes sense.

My vacation plans have since been scheduled and I'm actually going to be in downtown Seattle on 7/26! Unfortunately not sure if I'll be able to swing by, will just have to see I guess.

Jul 8, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #86 of 198
I hope to have a few hours to attend but it's a bit tricky as it's also our wedding anniversary and you don't make it to the 39th anniversary by accident.  Headphones is not her cup of tea, so I have a bit of negotiating to do!

If I can swing it I'll be bringing my STR-V55 SS amp and the LD3 with the Mullard 8100's along with my HD-424, HD-595, DT-880 PRO and T1's.  I use a TC 7510 DAC with my PC, but instead of dragging that along might just bring a turntable and possibly the TASCAM TD20A SE tape deck for source.

New to the hobby but really want to make this meet and learn, learn, learn!! 

Take care all.

Jul 8, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #87 of 198
I think someone asked if it's OK to bring gear for sale, but I didn't see an answer. Is it OK?
Thanks

Jul 9, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #89 of 198
That was my question and the response came to me via PM.

The answer was yes, but be cool about it.

What, no whacky wavy inflatable tube man allowed?
wink_face.gif

Jul 9, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #90 of 198
What, no whacky wavy inflatable tube man allowed?
wink_face.gif

Um, there are a few wacky tube men that make the meets. I am one of them. Guessing you have not been to a few meets up here.......... All the FOTM's that have been through the meets.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back