Seattle/Portland" Meet in the Middle"
Feb 13, 2010 at 9:07 AM Post #137 of 250
Wow, this meet seems to be shaping up pretty nicely. MAN! I want to come down, but I just committed to an art show, opening the same day. It doesn't start until 6, so there is a chance i could make it down to the meet and then get back a bit after it starts... will have to see if im needed in seattle come the 27th. TOO BUSY!!

Feb 13, 2010 at 4:17 PM Post #139 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't usually care where I stay as long as the roof doesn't leak and the door locks but the reviews for the cheap freeway hotels in Centralia were really bad on Hotels.com.

I strongly agree with you. Those hotels/motels just smell worng inside.

I finnaly can walk like normal person now, at least look like one. Still can not jump and run, or stand for too long, and there is still big knot on my tendons
wink.gif

Feb 14, 2010 at 12:48 AM Post #140 of 250
I'm new to this site also, although I've been lurking for a while. I don't have much to bring, but it sounds like that's no problem. I can bring a Ming Da MC84-C07, Beyer 990 600 ohm, and a filterless CD player - SoundQuest SQ-12. I'm just getting back into headphones after a long hiatus, really looking forward to this, my first meet. Not sure if I'll make the Delta Park rendezvous, but I'll be coming up from Salem so could perhaps lift someone along the way from there, PM me. I will be staying overnight however, then a trip to 32 ohm on Sunday with guruindrag. mmm McMenamins...
beerchug.gif

Feb 14, 2010 at 1:43 AM Post #141 of 250
For the people worried about not bringing anything, don't worry, these meets are just for fun. I enjoy sharing my system and getting new comments on it (both good and bad). It also provides a place to freely discuss headphones in person without getting bored looks. So if you don't have gear to share, at least you can share your opinions of the stuff you end up listening to.

Feb 14, 2010 at 3:08 AM Post #142 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by iamoneagain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For the people worried about not bringing anything, don't worry, these meets are just for fun. I enjoy sharing my system and getting new comments on it (both good and bad). It also provides a place to freely discuss headphones in person without getting bored looks. So if you don't have gear to share, at least you can share your opinions of the stuff you end up listening to.

X2, could not of said it better. Sometimes I'm lucky to listen to gear talking to everybody. I get a little busy sometimes at these meets making sure everything is OK.

Feb 15, 2010 at 8:09 PM Post #143 of 250
I'm gonna try to make the trip with a friend. If I come, I'll be bringing everything from the "main rig" is my sig.

Edit: I just confirmed with my friend that he'd be willing to drive, so you can add me to the list!

Feb 15, 2010 at 11:40 PM Post #144 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by iamoneagain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It also provides a place to freely discuss headphones in person without getting bored looks.

Bored looks are better than the "what are you, a space alien?" looks.
wink.gif
There's some $50-$150 headphones in scattered amongst the software devs on my team, but they'll still look at me funny for having a portable amp. Most of my coworkers who have listened to the amps acknowledge the difference in sound, but still think it's kinda "out there."

Feb 15, 2010 at 11:53 PM Post #145 of 250
Scorpio you are on the list!

Feb 16, 2010 at 12:54 AM Post #146 of 250
I wont be bringing the hd800 since I just sold them. The rest of the gear is still a go.

Feb 16, 2010 at 1:09 AM Post #147 of 250
Your rig is still freaking awesome!

Feb 16, 2010 at 1:15 AM Post #148 of 250
Is anyone else bring an HD800? I'd really like to hear it again!

Feb 16, 2010 at 4:49 AM Post #149 of 250
@ Big Poppa

To the list of things my brother and I will be bringing add D5000, D2000, 325i, ibasso D4, D10, T3, and Grado GR8 and Little Dot MKlll.
happy_face1.gif

This is going to be fun. We are really looking forward to it.

Feb 16, 2010 at 5:01 AM Post #150 of 250
There may be a HD 800 from Seattle. One of our usual suspects has them and was planning to come. I will try to remember to call him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back