Seattle/Portland" Meet in the Middle"
Jan 20, 2010 at 6:55 PM Post #61 of 250
Dude, relax. Us Seattle Head-fiers have these meets down to a science. We do this stuff on a regular basis. Everyone is invited, Hello Everyone is invited
evil_smiley.gif
Passionate Head-fiers always make a great meet
beerchug.gif
. And a great aftermeet!

Jan 20, 2010 at 8:00 PM Post #62 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG POPPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dude, relax. Us Seattle Head-fiers have these meets down to a science. We do this stuff on a regular basis. Everyone is invited, Hello Everyone is invited
evil_smiley.gif
Passionate Head-fiers always make a great meet
beerchug.gif
. And a great aftermeet!

Gil, do you know how big the room is going to be? Just wanting to get an idea of how much space there will be. I know we always make it work somehow. The last meet was pushing it, with just the one table, but it still worked.

Jan 20, 2010 at 9:16 PM Post #63 of 250
Up to 70 people 30 will be comfortable, 6-7 tables. The room should be fine.

Jan 21, 2010 at 6:11 PM Post #64 of 250
I spoke with Ken (KB) of ALO/32 Ohm. He will be coming up with me.

Since his business is having tons of different gear (literally), he has to be somewhat selective about what to bring along. So if there is any particular headphone/earphone/amp/cable/etc that you've been jonesing to try out (or even purchase), I would suggest to badger him to bring one!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeTiger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any chance I could take you up on one of the ride offer Andrew?

Sure. Let's discuss any transpo arrangements by p/m.

Jan 21, 2010 at 11:54 PM Post #65 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew H /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I spoke with Ken (KB) of ALO/32 Ohm. He will be coming up with me.

Since his business is having tons of different gear (literally), he has to be somewhat selective about what to bring along. So if there is any particular headphone/earphone/amp/cable/etc that you've been jonesing to try out (or even purchase), I would suggest to badger him to bring one!

Sure. Let's discuss any transpo arrangements by p/m.

If they can bring the Grado PS1000, that would be great. I believe they brought the whole Grado lineup to big San Jose meet a few years ago. Even though I do not care for the GS1000, it might be nice to compare as well.

Jan 23, 2010 at 4:22 PM Post #67 of 250
I will bring Beyer T1 if they ever show up on time. Sounds like I will have my other amp burn them in 24/7 like crazy!

Ofcourse, there will be soup-up WA22 ready to race baby! Retubed and recaped
evil_smiley.gif

I will get you back BIG POPPA for having blackgates in your amp
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 24, 2010 at 8:08 AM Post #69 of 250
We Seattle Head-fiers are infamous for fun. We have made the after-meet notorious.......

Jan 27, 2010 at 11:20 PM Post #71 of 250
Thanks for organizing this... I'll try to make it. If I do, I'll bring my Woo WA6SE w/ Sophia Princess, Benchmark DAC-1, and iBasso D-10.

Be sure to check out Ken's ALO Rx portable amp if you haven't heard it yet.
I'm looking forward to hearing the WA-22 again.

Jan 28, 2010 at 1:00 AM Post #72 of 250
I'm also going to try to be there. I'll bring my RS1i, new Beyer DT880/600 Manufaktur, and hopefully I'll have my new MAD Ear+ HD by then. I ordered it yesterday and it's a 3-4 week wait time.

Jan 28, 2010 at 2:18 AM Post #73 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by jopagi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for organizing this... I'll try to make it. If I do, I'll bring my Woo WA6SE w/ Sophia Princess, Benchmark DAC-1, and iBasso D-10.

Be sure to check out Ken's ALO Rx portable amp if you haven't heard it yet.
I'm looking forward to hearing the WA-22 again.

My WA22 looks like it will be finished on time.

Jan 28, 2010 at 8:13 AM Post #74 of 250
Hey all,

I was just wondering how these meets work? Does everyone have to bring a piece of gear to listen to? I have a little setup with my hd600's but I'm sure there would be a few people already there with a pair of them. Would it be alright to go without anything? I've honestly never been to a headphone meet so I don't know the proper etiquette but I'm very curious about listening to other setups besides mine.

Thanks everyone,

-Cedric

Jan 28, 2010 at 8:16 AM Post #75 of 250
The only requirement is you show up, and you love music.
Bring what gear you want to, or just try out what is there. It's very informal.

Edit-be sure to bring some music you love.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back