Seattle Meet! Sat., March 1st, 6pm at Experience Audio!
Feb 26, 2003 at 1:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

eric343

Member of the Trade: Audiogeek: The "E" in META42
Come one, come all! The Seattle Head-Fido meeting is going to be at a friendly local hifi shop called Experience Audio, address:
5218-A University Way NE
Seattle, WA 98105
USA
http://www.experienceaudio.com/

on THIS SATURDAY, that is to say, March 1st, at 6PM.

Two things Tim (owner, manager, and salesperson of Experience Audio) requested I remind you folks of:
a) No alcohol, sorry... (records do NOT sound better with beer!)
But snacks and non-alcoholic drinks are highly encouraged...
smily_headphones1.gif

b) Please don't come early unless you want to drop off equipment... Prior to 6pm, of course, we can hang out at and bother the salespeople of all the OTHER hifi shops in the area! (Saturday is his busiest day and Tim wants some time to rearrange the shop in preparation for the meet)

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, how about we get a gear list started?

Tim carries the following manufacturers: AUDIO RESEARCH, PLINIUS, KLYNE AUDIO ARTS, ROGUE AUDIO, 47 LABS, MYRYAD, PROAC, VERITY AUDIO, ALON, KRIX, CLEARAUDIO, BASIS, VPI, NOTTINGHAM ANALOGUE, SME, SOTA, AVID, EUROLAB, MOTH, TRI-PLANAR, GRAHAM, MORCH, ORIGIN LIVE, KOETSU, VAN DEN HUL, DYNAVECTOR, GRADO, SHELTER, MYABI-47 LABS, GOLDRING, ACOUSTIC ZEN, DIMARZIO, EQUI=TECH, EICHMANN EXPRESS, GRAND PRIX AUDIO, SYMPOSIUM ACOUSTICS, ARCICI, STAX, SENNHEISER, PHILIPS, TOSHIBA, WALKER AUDIO, STANDESIGN, DMN RINGMAT, SHAKTI, RRL, DISC DOCTOR, etc...

I'm bringing:
  1. Arcam CD72T
  2. Sennheiser HD600 w/ Clou Blue cables
  3. Sennheiser HE90 "Orpheus" headphones w/ Stax pin adapter
  4. ETA42
  5. [maybe] MG Head DT/OTL
  6. Soldering station to do some on-site cable experimentation
  7. Cardas Quad Eutectic solder
  8. Unterminated Kimber PBJ wire
  9. DIY vibration dampers
  10. Folding table [and maybe some chairs]
  11. Sony D-25S
  12. Some music...

Feb 26, 2003 at 2:13 AM Post #4 of 30
Should i bring my HD600 and Beyer DT831 headphones?

I assume that the HD600s will be well represented there but if someone wants to hear the hd600s with the stock cord please let me know and i'll bring them to the meet.

Feb 26, 2003 at 4:18 AM Post #6 of 30
I'll tenatively say that I'll be able to go. Transportation will be a bit of a problem (even that short of a distance), and I'm not sure what I could bring.

I'd really be interested in hearing Eric's Arcam compared to Vwap's Philips DVD963SA if possible. I don't think I want to bring my Music Hall player. I could bring my META42 if people are interested in hearing it, and probably my W1000, which I would like to compare to the vwap's CD3000 and an HD600 if possible. It would be really cool if we had a Beyer 880 there, but I don't know of anyone who has one in Seattle.

Check out my profile and tell me if there is anything else you guys would like me to bring. I'm going to need a ride though, or I can't attend.

Another matter, snacks seem like a bad idea to me. Drinks are fine of course, but who really wants Frito dust or some other snack item on their gear? Maybe I'm just weird.
tongue.gif

Feb 26, 2003 at 5:15 AM Post #8 of 30
I believe DanH has the super max one you built, right? He was talking about coming to the meet. But, I will bring my META42, plus, it's the only one with orange and red LEDs, which must count for something.
biggrin.gif

Do you think I should PM everyone who has shown interest in the meet and let them know the final time and date? I have time to do it tonight.

Feb 26, 2003 at 5:21 AM Post #9 of 30
Quote:

Originally posted by radrd
I'll tenatively say that I'll be able to go. Transportation will be a bit of a problem (even that short of a distance), and I'm not sure what I could bring.

What? You don't wanna be walking along the Ave., amp in one hand, cans in the other?
wink.gif
I should be able to go... unless I kill myself before then. So tenatively, I should be able to pick you up.

Seeing as he's a dealer for Philips, think he has a Philips DVD963SA sitting around already? If not, I can bring mine... So here's what I can bring..:

Philips DVD963SA
Sony MDR-CD3000
Headroom Cosmic with Battery Pack. I'm too lazy to bring the Base Station One with me, and I left the wall-wart at home.
smily_headphones1.gif

I can bring any of the PCDP's I have, as well, so if you see something in my profile that I still have, lemme know and I can bring it.

Quote:

Another matter, snacks seem like a bad idea to me. Drinks are fine of course, but who really wants Frito dust or some other snack item on their gear? Maybe I'm just weird.
tongue.gif

Yeah. Very true.. unless there's a bathroom with soap around somewhere.. dunno if I'd want anyone molesting my beloved equipment with greasy, grubby fingers.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 26, 2003 at 5:22 AM Post #10 of 30
Quote:

Do you think I should PM everyone who has shown interest in the meet and let them know the final time and date? I have time to do it tonight.

If you've got the time to do it, go for it. I usually don't check the Meetings thread, and so people may or may not decide to check it in time to rearrange their schedule...

Thanks radrd!

Feb 26, 2003 at 6:25 AM Post #12 of 30
Thanks for getting everything planned out Eric. I don't have too much gear, but I'll probably bring my stock HD-600s.
Quote:

If vwap can't give you a ride, I'm sure I'll be able to.

See you all on Saturday!
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 26, 2003 at 5:01 PM Post #15 of 30
Experience Audio is five miles from Bosh.
frown.gif
Next time, please find a location that's more convenient.

Don't know how Bosh is going to get a big pair of DT 990s all the way over there... but it'll happen somehow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back