SEATTLE MEET @ FRONT PANEL EXPRESS 1/21/2012
Jan 1, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #286 of 569

Quote:
This will likely only be of interest to those who are into portable audio (and possibly not even many of those), but I will be bringing our new Windows tablet. Have only just started playing with it but it is showing a lot of promise as a digital source.

Does it have SPDIF output?

Jan 1, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #287 of 569
Jan 1, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #288 of 569
Wow, funny coincidence. I haven't been posting in a while, but came across this while searching for some Front Panel Express designs for my latest project.

I made up a Front Panel Express enclosure design for a project to bring to the meet. Just fished putting it all together. Turned out even nicer than I had hoped! Their product is first rate and I am looking forward to seeing the shop first hand.
[br]
If there's room - please confirm and let me know:
Technics SL1200 M3d, Shure M97xe cart, Hagermann Bugle preamp
- there's a chance I may have this modded out with KAB's connectors, cardas tonearm wire and some custom IC's from BJC, but I'm not sure if I'll have it installed in time.

This reminds me of my own perpetually delayed project (I thought I would get to it over the holidays but...)
I have a Transcriptors Skeletal Reference with a Grace 707 II arm and a Shure V15 V-MR cart. I have a new tonearm cable (using Cardas cable) and stylus, just need a free afternoon to put it together and get it all adjusted. Hope you get to finish your Technics project.

Jan 1, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #289 of 569

Jan 1, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #290 of 569
Aftermeet Suggestions,

Hopefully in the area
Availability of good beer (a must)
Food (not terribly expensive)
Parking (there may be many of us)
Full restaurant amenities (everyone is welcome)!!!!
And the capability to manage a large party with ease at any moment.

Just some thoughts..........

Jan 1, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #292 of 569

Quote:
palmfish said:

We can take the boys( my son is 5)  but for the meet, their beer is not up to par and the pizza is only great for kids. Someplace in Southcenter would be cool for a change in scenery?

Jan 1, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #293 of 569
Would it be alright if I set up on friday around 6:00 - 6:30? I have to get off work first but I was given the ok by the wife. With so many new faces, hopefully there will be time to listen.
biggrin.gif

Jan 2, 2012 at 12:56 AM Post #294 of 569
Hey Josh, just call me. It shouldn't be a problem if we are still setting things up,

Jan 3, 2012 at 1:40 AM Post #296 of 569

Quote:
oh hey.. you are in my part of the woods..drop me a line if you want to stop by for a mini meet sometime :)

Forgot to acknowledge the hospitality.
rolleyes.gif

Will do!

Jan 3, 2012 at 8:24 PM Post #297 of 569
Hmm - bad news. It turns out the E-mu 0404 USB I was planning to use still doesn't work right in Win7. SPDIF is DOA, only analog outputs work, and E-mu/Creative aren't releasing any driver updates to make it work.

Does anyone have a 24/96k capable USB interface I could borrow to use with the XDA-1? Otherwise, I'll have to lug out one of my desktop PC's with SPDIF :frowning2:

Jan 3, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #298 of 569
Hey PatrickLang, please bring it. That seems like an easy problem to fix for the meet. Not making any promises but I think I can help with that? May make a phone call or two.

Jan 3, 2012 at 9:50 PM Post #299 of 569

Quote:
Hmm - bad news. It turns out the E-mu 0404 USB I was planning to use still doesn't work right in Win7. SPDIF is DOA, only analog outputs work, and E-mu/Creative aren't releasing any driver updates to make it work.
Does anyone have a 24/96k capable USB interface I could borrow to use with the XDA-1? Otherwise, I'll have to lug out one of my desktop PC's with SPDIF
frown.gif

I am planning to bring my NuForce HDP which is capable of 24/96 with USB.  However, I do not own any nice USB cables, just generic USB2.0 A to B cables.  It works fine, but if someone else wants to bring a nice USB cable we could use that with the HDP.

Cheers 
beerchug.gif

Jan 3, 2012 at 11:03 PM Post #300 of 569

Quote:

I am planning to bring my NuForce HDP which is capable of 24/96 with USB.  However, I do not own any nice USB cables, just generic USB2.0 A to B cables.  It works fine, but if someone else wants to bring a nice USB cable we could use that with the HDP.

Cheers 
beerchug.gif

"Nice" USB cables? Let me guess - tighter bass, blacker backgrounds, more air around individual instruments, and a more tactile, intimate and stronger presentation?
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back