Seattle meet AUGUST 20, 2011
Aug 12, 2011 at 1:20 PM Post #121 of 175
I will be bringing mine with the tungsrams..and mine is the prototype model. Slightly different HV supply in mine compared to what is in the production.

Also I have a few additions like toggle switch to go from headphone mode to preamp, an input selector switch (up to 3 inputs, so we can do source comparisons :) ). So its not a clean path like it is on the production model, but its something i needed.

Aug 13, 2011 at 10:46 PM Post #122 of 175
Please count me in. I'm a newbe with a schedule conflict, but I will be there. Seattle sucks for options to audition audiophile headphone setups so I am very motivated together there to listen and get everyone's advice. As you can see from my signature, I have some work to do to catch up to the rest of you.

Aug 13, 2011 at 10:54 PM Post #123 of 175
Using your 1st post to post on this thread. Nice
wink_face.gif
. May I be the first to welcome you to Head-fi. I know about schedule conflicts..... I'm a Sous Chef at 2 restaurants with a headphone problem.

Quote:
Please count me in. I'm a newbe with a schedule conflict, but I will be there. Seattle sucks for options to audition audiophile headphone setups so I am very motivated together there to listen and get everyone's advice. As you can see from my signature, I have some work to do to catch up to the rest of you.

Aug 14, 2011 at 1:02 AM Post #124 of 175
It looks like we will have a few new people at this meet. The more interest here in seattle the better.

Aug 14, 2011 at 3:23 AM Post #125 of 175
Seattlites,

Woah! I'm pretty new to headfi and the world of audio...

Not sure what the protocol is for these kind of events (never been to a meet...) Do I just bring the few things I have and show up? Any guidance would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Aug 14, 2011 at 1:13 PM Post #126 of 175
Just come and listen to gear. Bring your gear and you can try it with other gear. You will learn what works and what doesnt. Bring your questions. These meets are the best resource to answer them. There are a lot of great Seattle Head-fiers to answer questions.

Aug 14, 2011 at 4:06 PM Post #128 of 175
Anybody care to hear what I have?

It's not much, but I don't have a car and just wanted to see if there was anything specific I should bring...

So I have-

Headphones

HD650
ATH-W1000x
Denon 2000's - broken band/cable issues... but working??

IEMs

EarSonic SM3
Audio Techica CK100

Apogee Duet
Macbook Pro 15

Speakers

AudioEngine A5 - for computer speakers.

Again, I've recently bought half of the stuff I have here as I'm just getting into it - I'm itchin' to try out some of the upper end gears...

I'm not sure how productive or active I'll be if I showed up and heard everyone else's gear - if it helps... I can do magic tricks.... LoL.

Aug 14, 2011 at 4:52 PM Post #129 of 175

Quote:
Anybody care to hear what I have?

It's not much, but I don't have a car and just wanted to see if there was anything specific I should bring...

So I have-

Headphones

HD650
ATH-W1000x
Denon 2000's - broken band/cable issues... but working??

IEMs

EarSonic SM3
Audio Techica CK100

Apogee Duet
Macbook Pro 15

Speakers

AudioEngine A5 - for computer speakers.

Again, I've recently bought half of the stuff I have here as I'm just getting into it - I'm itchin' to try out some of the upper end gears...

I'm not sure how productive or active I'll be if I showed up and heard everyone else's gear - if it helps... I can do magic tricks.... LoL.

I would REALLY love to hear the w1000x, if you would bring it of course ... :D

Aug 14, 2011 at 6:34 PM Post #130 of 175

Quote:

I would REALLY love to hear the w1000x, if you would bring it of course ... :D

I'd also like hear them.  Just found about these the other day.  Always curious to hear other ATH headphones.  We used to have a head-fier bring a whole assortment of ATH headphones to the meets until he moved.  I've been bringing my same setup since I first started going to these meets 3 years ago.  But once I got the L3000/DHA3000 combo, I was done.  These meets just help me know what else is out there and allow me to share my setup too.

Aug 15, 2011 at 1:57 AM Post #132 of 175
Sachu, you and your pictures of audio ****. Lol

Aug 15, 2011 at 1:46 PM Post #134 of 175
Will anyone be bringing a Audeze LCD-2 rev2 / Sennheiser HD800, Burson HA160 / Schiit Lyr combo? I would love to compare/contrast these two headphones with these two amps. By the way, my DAC is a Beresford Caiman, would that suffice with these headphones / amps or should I be auditioning a new DAC as well?

Aug 15, 2011 at 2:44 PM Post #135 of 175
I'll be bringing my LCD-2 rev 2, but don't have any of the other equipment you want to audition.  psuedohippy has a Lyr, though, so you might be able to grab an LCD-2 and check it out on his rig.  Or maybe even borrow the Lyr and LCD-2 for a bit and try your DAC with it.

As for whether you should upgrade your DAC, that's totally up to you.  Depends on if you like the sound and if you want to change it for some reason with your chain.  So it'll kinda depend on what amp you get and what you think may bring it out more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back