Seattle Meet at Bottlehead MARCH 5,2011
Nov 18, 2010 at 12:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 238

BIG POPPA

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys, you knew we couldn't go too long without planning the next meet? The plan is to have it at the New facility on Bainbridge Island on a Saturday in late Feb or very early March. We did have a secret meet recently there November 13th. Catching the ferry was easy. Everybody carpooled who wanted to carpool. Just an awesome location.

MEET SATURDAY MARCH 5, 2011

3PM-8 PM.

FERRY SCHEDULE: LEAVING SEATTLE

1:10
2:05
3:00
3:45
4:40
5:30
 FERRY SCHEDULE LEAVING BAINBRIDGE:
3:50
4:35
5:30
6:30
7:10
8:10
8:55

There are fees to get on the ferry. You can check them out here:
http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries/fares/FaresDetail.aspx?tripdate=20110305&departingterm=7&arrivingterm=3

Here is the address:

Bottlehead
9415 coppertop loop
Suite 101
Bainbridge Island WA 98110

Attendee List :
1. BIG POPPA
2. curbfeeler
3. xtreme4099
4. KingStyles
5. equus
6. sachu
7. elipb
8. Wharfrat
9. jax
10. elipb
11. pseudohippy
12. R-Audiohead
13. falcore
14. tink97
15. remitrom
16. lugia862
17. canoners
18. KyungMin?
19. JGOelfke
20. lugia862
21. Muu Muu
22. SemiAudiophile
23. Mossback
24. Ironbut
25. Monchimon
More details will be posted soon. Any questions or concerns please let me know.

Nov 18, 2010 at 12:58 AM Post #3 of 238
You know me
beerchug.gif

Nov 20, 2010 at 6:13 PM Post #6 of 238
Good question. We have them all over the area to make them close for everybody. Also we have meets about 4 times a year so we we are all over the place. Portland, Centralia, Woodinville, West Seattle, Broadview, Georgetown, Bellevue, Ballard. This time we were graciously invited to have our meet at Bottlehead. It is a cool little trek. And the folks at Bottlehead are great hosts. They really dig us head-fiers!

Quote:
Why Bainbridge Island for a Seattle meet? 

Nov 20, 2010 at 10:23 PM Post #7 of 238
Yeah, they are more like Greater Seattle area meets.  The way things are going, we'll eventually have a Pacific Northwest one to include Portland, Seattle, Vancouver, and anywhere in between.  I guess they are already like that since we do have people driving up from Portland.  Not sure if any Canadians have come down yet.

But as for as Bottlehead goes, it was pretty easy taking the ferry over there, I just got a little lost for the exact road to turn off of and then finding the right building within the group of businesses there.  I guess my GPS is not up-to-date and didn't even have the road on there.  Maybe we can put some signs up at the main road and one in front of the building.  The facility was really nice and it's always a pleasure listening to the K1000 on the Bottlehead amps.  Hopefully I'm in town for this one.  Now that I've heard the PS1000, hoping someone brings some Stax.  Sort of got to try out the Omega :)

Nov 22, 2010 at 11:53 AM Post #11 of 238
Looking forward to having the crew over. I can bring lots of tables and we can use most of our 1800 square feet. In regards to coming to Bainbridge, I would suggest a couple of alternative approaches - carpooling or, if you aren't lugging a ton of gear, parking on the Seattle side and walking on the boat. I'm sure we could arrange to have someone make a run to the terminal and pick folks up off of a predetermined boat. It's all of a 5 minute drive to the office from the Bainbridge terminal.

I'm hoping to have a little "exotic" headphone project I've started working on ready in time for the event. I already blew up the first iteration (DIY rules!), so we are making progress...
Also, after hearing how well the LCD-2s work with Stan's Benchmark DAC1, I think I have a handle on a concept for a tube amp that might be a good match. If time allows I may lash something up.

Oh yeah, and we will also have the lab set up by then. So we can help out with troubleshooting, repairs, mods, etc.

Nov 22, 2010 at 2:05 PM Post #12 of 238
Definitely planning to make it!

As for an LCD-2/HE6 comparison, I know we have a growing population of LCD-2's up here, but I can't remember if there's an HE-6 in the area.

Quote:
Looking forward to having the crew over. I can bring lots of tables and we can use most of our 1800 square feet. In regards to coming to Bainbridge, I would suggest a couple of alternative approaches - carpooling or, if you aren't lugging a ton of gear, parking on the Seattle side and walking on the boat. I'm sure we could arrange to have someone make a run to the terminal and pick folks up off of a predetermined boat. It's all of a 5 minute drive to the office from the Bainbridge terminal.

I'm hoping to have a little "exotic" headphone project I've started working on ready in time for the event. I already blew up the first iteration (DIY rules!), so we are making progress...
Also, after hearing how well the LCD-2s work with Stan's Benchmark DAC1, I think I have a handle on a concept for a tube amp that might be a good match. If time allows I may lash something up.

Oh yeah, and we will also have the lab set up by then. So we can help out with troubleshooting, repairs, mods, etc.

Exotic?  Sounds fun!

And if the lab is set up and sachu is over, maybe we can see if we can hunt down that pesky hum that's down in the weeds for the Stacker.  If it actually manifests at all...lol

Nov 22, 2010 at 5:42 PM Post #14 of 238
Haha...I'm sure it wouldn't be. 
wink_face.gif

For full disclosure, it's only really at all audible when there's no sound at all pretty much...honestly, there are points where I  hear the hiss in the recording from even a somewhat newer an analog master which is louder than the hum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back