Seattle Meet at Bottlehead MARCH 5,2011
Dec 22, 2010 at 1:01 PM Post #46 of 238
I should be able to make this.  

Bringing same stuff:

L3000/DHA3000

Dec 22, 2010 at 1:24 PM Post #47 of 238
Count me in! I'll be bringing my iBasso D4, my JH16's (which sadly are not very easy to share given their non-universal fit), and my Grado 325is'. I hope someone has some planar magnetic gear there, I'm very interested in hearing how the HE-6 or LCD2 sound.

Dec 22, 2010 at 2:31 PM Post #48 of 238
Hey Gil, count me in.  But you already knew that.  

And I'll be bringing the SB Touch->Assemblage 2.7->Stacker->LCD-2 rig.  But you already knew that.
wink_face.gif

Dec 22, 2010 at 5:15 PM Post #49 of 238

Quote:
Count me in! I'll be bringing my iBasso D4, my JH16's (which sadly are not very easy to share given their non-universal fit), and my Grado 325is'. I hope someone has some planar magnetic gear there, I'm very interested in hearing how the HE-6 or LCD2 sound.

As was said earlier in the thread, you should have plenty of LCD-2's to try.  More and more people show up with them at every meet.

Dec 22, 2010 at 11:00 PM Post #50 of 238

Quote:

Sweet, I hope I make it also, Ive always wanted to compare the 325 and the MS2.

Dec 22, 2010 at 11:46 PM Post #51 of 238
I have some MS2's

Dec 26, 2010 at 2:50 AM Post #52 of 238
Will be making an attendee list here shortly. Who plans on making it besides the usual suspects? The venue is 5 stars for us Head-fiers. If you think you may want to come to a Seattle Meet, this is one to make. Any special requests, please let me know? Any MOT's please let me know, All are invited. Getting this meet in full gear.

Dec 28, 2010 at 10:39 PM Post #54 of 238
I'm not totally sure of my work schedule this far out, but this date *should* be good. Count me in.  I'll bring along my Wavelength Proton.

Looking forward to visiting the origin of coordinates for all things Bottlehead.

Dec 29, 2010 at 3:40 AM Post #55 of 238
Wuuuuzzzz uuuuppp. I just saw this and will try to make it. Just picked up a imac for christmas and i am sure I will add a couple of more new tweaks in before then. Look forward to seeing everyone again.

Dec 29, 2010 at 11:06 AM Post #56 of 238

Quote:
Wuuuuzzzz uuuuppp. I just saw this and will try to make it. Just picked up a imac for christmas and i am sure I will add a couple of more new tweaks in before then. Look forward to seeing everyone again.

Oh good.  You can play around with some the music software.  You know Amarra.  It's a little buggy at the moment but they promise a fix.  There is also Pure Music, which has a demo.  Audirvana is a free stand alone player. And then there's AyreWave, also stand alone but has button to pull in highlighted iTunes tracks.  This is free for now.  I still prefer the sound Amarra, just wish it worked better.

If you need to convert any tracks to Apple lossless, XLD is good for higher bitrates. This keeps same bitrates but just converts to ALAC file.  I like Max for 44/16 files just because interfaces is a little better. Somehow Max will still convert higher bitrates but they never work on my system.  Also think there are some iTunes FLAC plugins, so you don't have to convert at all.  Most of those other music players will also let you play FLAC directly.

Dec 29, 2010 at 12:13 PM Post #57 of 238
For what it's worth I know Jon Reichbach pretty well, as my partners have been using his products for years and do a fair amount of beta testing for him. I know that he is constantly adjusting and fine tuning his products. So I would have confidence that any issues are being worked on. The neat thing about Amarra is that it uses the same Sonic Studio Engine that soundBlade, the mastering software, uses. That SSE math is what seems to give soundBlade and thus Amarra their sonic advantage.

Dec 29, 2010 at 12:36 PM Post #58 of 238

Quote:
For what it's worth I know Jon Reichbach pretty well, as my partners have been using his products for years and do a fair amount of beta testing for him. I know that he is constantly adjusting and fine tuning his products. So I would have confidence that any issues are being worked on. The neat thing about Amarra is that it uses the same Sonic Studio Engine that soundBlade, the mastering software, uses. That SSE math is what seems to give soundBlade and thus Amarra their sonic advantage.

Oh good.  Yeah the sound engine seems great although some are complaining about the soundstage being a little blurred with placement in the latest release.  I can sort of hear this compared to other players.  But the overall tone and clarity beats all other players.  Now the latest interface needs a lot of help.  Very buggy throughout.  Just the basic feature of pausing a track and having it resume is currently not working.  You either have to restart track or skip to next one. 

Edit: Looks like an Amarra update came out today that fixed the very problem I was complaining about.

Anyway, sorry for diverting this thread.  Let's get more people coming to this meet.

Dec 30, 2010 at 9:46 PM Post #59 of 238
Bummer on the date. I just ordered a piece of schiit hardware. The LYR. It is supposed to drive all the orthos with power to spare. Would love to try it out at the meet but they say it should ship March 1st. Cutting it awful close lol.

Dec 30, 2010 at 10:02 PM Post #60 of 238

Quote:
Bummer on the date. I just ordered a piece of schiit hardware. The LYR. It is supposed to drive all the orthos with power to spare. Would love to try it out at the meet but they say it should ship March 1st. Cutting it awful close lol.

I always have this problem, my stuff always arrives the monday after the meet. Never fails. I guess it always gives me something new for the next meet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back