Seattle Meet 12/6/15
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 7, 2015 at 10:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 143

BIG POPPA

Headphoneus Supremus
Yep we got the next Seattle meet in the works. We are in Bothell for the first time. And we will have the usual Premeet and Aftermeet festivities. And they are both in Bothell at Anderson School. Yeah I know what you are thinking at a school? Trust me you have not been to a school like this.Check it out http://www.mcmenamins.com/AndersonSchool . Premeets are great to come to get an idea what the meet is going to be like and to catch up with head-fiers you haven't seen since the last meet or two. The aftermeet have became just as important to plan as the meet. This is where we to get some good food  and a few beverages and talk about the meet. This is a good time to ask questions about gear you didn't get a chance to during the meet. We will have veteran Head-fiers available to answer questions. If this will be your first meet, bring a friend. it will be more fun. Also bring your gear. You will not know how great it is until you try your gear with other stuff. Also if there is a line to listen to gear please keep your audition to five minutes or so to give everybody a chance to get an audition. And come back when there is not a line to get a better audition. Well here it is:

When:

Sunday, December 6 2015

Where:

Bothell Library
18215 98th Ave. NE
Bothell, 98011

Time:

12:00PM till 6:30PM

Premeet:

9:30 AM

Tavern On The Square
(Anderson School)
18607 Bothell Way NE
Bothell, WA 98011

Aftermeet:

Anderson School

Time: When we get there

Nov 7, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #2 of 143
Reserved

Nov 7, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #3 of 143
Reserved

Nov 7, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #4 of 143
Will be bringing just my HD 800 again. Still haven't found a DAC/Amp I want yet. Hope this meeting changes that. Spent too much time last meet at the 1964 booth to really get a good listen on gear.

"12:00PM till 6:30PM"

Oh yeah, that's much better! Lots of time to try all of the things.

Nov 7, 2015 at 8:31 PM Post #5 of 143
I am finally bringing a a rig with files. No CD player...... So here is my gear as follows

JKeny Cuinas DAC
JKeny Cuinas Spdif Converter
Audio GD NFB-1S
Singlepower MPX3
Synergistic Research QLS-6
Senn HD 650's
Senn HD 700's

You know my rig is cabled up, tubed up, powered up, fused up. For a laptop sourced rig it sounds great now. Very smooth. But by the meet comes it will be dialed in a bit more. I just can't leave stuff alone.

Nov 7, 2015 at 9:15 PM Post #6 of 143
I'm in. Unless of course the Sounder make it to the MLS Cup final in which I will have to be where ever that will be (possibly NY or Columbus or here at Clink).

Stuff:
-MHDT Labs Paradisea 3 (maybe bringing)
-Schiit Multifrost Bimby unless I decide to sell it although still early for the verdict
-Audio-GD NFB15.32 with upgraded clocks
-Garage 1217 Project Sunrise 3
-Schiit Sys to switch between 2 DACs on the fly
-Gustard U12 transport to run 2 dacs simultaneously

-HE560, HD650, K612

-Also got a Cayin C5 portable amp and fiio X5 or Ibasso DX50 for a stack but maybe that stays home.
-Various IEMs

Nov 7, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #8 of 143
Yeah labrown  you were missed.

Nov 9, 2015 at 1:35 AM Post #9 of 143
I'll be there. 

New toy is a Gungnir Multibit. 
biggrin.gif

Should have a Cavalli Liquid Carbon.
And I'll bring my Cavalli Liquid Fire.

I'll be interested in trying some different headphones, like the HD800, on my setup while at the meet. I'm getting an itch to consider some new headphones.

Nov 9, 2015 at 1:57 AM Post #10 of 143
Nov 9, 2015 at 2:27 AM Post #11 of 143
I also plan on attending this meet. Will be my 2nd time around.

New addition to my rig:
 iFi micro iUSB 3.0 regenerator.
Theta DSPro Gen Va Dac (finally found one after hunting for awhile)
Sennheiser HD800 w/ Anax 2.0 mod.

I am hoping to get an Enigma Acoustics Dharma D1000 but we will see.

Nov 9, 2015 at 2:33 AM Post #12 of 143
I am finally bringing a a rig with files. No CD player...... So here is my gear as follows

JKeny Cuinas DAC
JKeny Cuinas Spdif Converter

Big Poppa bringing JK stuff, yeah, anxious to hear it!

Nov 9, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #13 of 143

Oh yes, that I definitely want to hear! Glad someone got one!

Atomicbob is also getting one too.

Good news for you (and me) is that the Gumby DAC has absolutely no treble glare.  The treble prominence or glare that was present in my rig with the LH Labs Geek Pulse Xfi is all gone with the Gumby. The only problem for me now is that I think I may want a Yggy now after getting the Gumby. I'll have to hear a Yggy to find out.

Nov 9, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #14 of 143
Close to home, I'm in. Probably just bring:

Warm Yggy
Woo WA6
maybe just HD650

Second outputs will be available for another amp.

Bothell library recently remodeled, nice new meeting room. Parking lot still a bit torn up with McMenamins street work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back