Seattle Inmates?
Jun 28, 2001 at 1:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

Tyll Hertsens

Garmentus Vulgaris & Headphoneus Supremus
Member of the Trade: Innerfidelity
I was wondering how many guys live in the seattle area? Thought I might drag the dog and pony show out there, if there are any takers.

Jun 28, 2001 at 3:39 PM Post #2 of 28
don't live in Washington, rather Oregon, but I'll drive up if you come over to the west coast during a weekend.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 28, 2001 at 8:02 PM Post #3 of 28
Portland, Tyll! Portland is the place to be! We've got Ian, budgie, Hondga and myself but to name a few!

Or you could stop at both towns...

Jun 28, 2001 at 10:05 PM Post #4 of 28
When is this show going to take place? Will it be in the summer (July and August) or in the fall? If it's in the fall, my vote goes to Albany as getting a stop. My college is near there (as is Ian's)
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 29, 2001 at 4:19 AM Post #6 of 28
Oh Seattle, hmm? While you're out here, why not stop by Vancouver. BC and say hi to the headwizers/fiers above the border. It would be great for international relations. Do it for NAFTA!!

Are you convinced yet?

(Don't forget to bring the Holmes-Powell
biggrin.gif
)

Jun 29, 2001 at 1:51 PM Post #7 of 28
Well, the thing is that it looks like the big tour isn't going to happen till next spring. But I'd like to take a little vacation with the wife and kids out to the Seattle area and thought I could right off the gas if I dragged some of our diplay out there. Portland is close enough I guess. The tricky bit is the timing.

So, any of you Portland guys interested in having a HeadFi meeting the weekend after the forth of July? I'd be interested in bringing a couple of the displays out there and setting them up on the Friday, leaving them for a couple of days, and then picking them up on Monday or Tues evening. Something like that.

Jun 29, 2001 at 7:07 PM Post #9 of 28
Hey, I live in Seattle! And I know there's another headwizer around here too, they told me that there was an Orpheus at Magnolia Hi-Fi.
eek.gif

BTW Tyll, this is a *well-to-do* area with a number of audiophiles (there's *two* high end audio stores within 50' of each other!) so you might think about adding Bellevue (sortof a Seatttle suburb, where all the money is) to your 'target market' list
biggrin.gif

Have I convinced you to come to the Seattle side yet
wink.gif

Jul 2, 2001 at 2:23 AM Post #10 of 28
If you come put a posting up here and I'll try to make it. I'm 1/2 way between Port. and Sea. If you have a choice come to Port. The money's in Sea., but so is 1/2 the western world's traffic.

Jul 2, 2001 at 2:26 AM Post #11 of 28
LOL... That's what the radio is for. Besides, the traffic isn't THAT bad so long as you don't try to cross the lake during rush hour.

Jul 2, 2001 at 2:59 AM Post #12 of 28
What I'd really like to do is set the stuff up in someones garage who might be able to spend some critical time listening to a bunch of stuff. And also be able to host a HeadFi get together. Really I'd like to give you guys as much chance as possible to listen to a wide range of headphones.

So......let's see.....how am I gonna figure out where and when is the best time to drag a bunch of headphone stuff out to drizzle land???

I know! How about this: I'll tell you when I can come, you guys figue out when is the best time to get together. The weekends I can make it are July 7,8 - July 14, 15 - Aug 11,12 - Aug 18, 19.

Jul 2, 2001 at 3:06 AM Post #13 of 28
Tyll: My schedule is really flexible. Let's see what some of the others can do.

Eric343: I've been in traffic to Yankees games, Mets games, to the Meadowlands on fall Sundays and last Thursday past Safeco field an hour before game time. Guess which of the above was the worst. But enough about headphones.

Jul 2, 2001 at 3:30 AM Post #14 of 28
Well, I'd LOVE to host a HeadFi get-together, but my parents might not like it
mad.gif
, and I can't come down to Portland :madder:

I could post a message on the SeattleWireless (a project I'm part of) and ask if we could use the MeetingSpace (where the somewhat-bi-monthly meetings are held) for a day... Who knows...

On the issue of traffic, yes it can get pretty bad. However, it IS avoidable unless you're going by the aforementioned Safeco Field an hour prior to gametime.

And it dosen't drizzle in the summer. It's either nice and sunny or pouring down in buckets.

Jul 2, 2001 at 4:06 AM Post #15 of 28
How much space does this take up? I might be able to work something out here in Portland.
July 7,8 - July 14, 15 - Aug 11,12 works for me
smily_headphones1.gif

It would be really awesome if you could make it to Portland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back