Seattle Headphones Meet 2020/03/14
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 26, 2020 at 1:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

mahesvara

100+ Head-Fier
I would like to invite headphones enthusiasts in the Seattle/Bellevue area to come and join me for an afternoon in Seattle to socialize, having fun conversations about headphones gears and, and (most importantly) listening to them. This meet is meant to be intimate and informal, and it is free to attend. Refreshments will be served!

This meet was first conceived over at the forums of headphones.com, the enthusiasts from which are planning bring their own gears to the meet.

I can confirm that at least the following piece of gears would be there from my end:

Sony DMP-Z1, Sony TA-ZH1ES
Abyss Diana Phi, Abyss 1266 Phi TC
Stax 009S
Woo Audio WA33 Elite, Woo Audio 3ES, Woo Audio WA11

Since I've purchased quite a few things from Woo, I've developed a friendship with Jack Wu and Mike Liang. I'm inviting them to the meet as my special guests and they have graciously agreed to loan me the Stax and 3ES system for the meet!

The tentative date and time is 2020/03/14, 10am to 5pm (we will extend it to 8pm if there are folks who can only make it to the meet in the late hours)

If you would like to join, please put your name in this thread and I will update this post to keep the total count. We're hoping to see 20-30 people signing up :)

Because the venue I'm considering has limited space, if we have a lot of people interested, I'll send out a signup sheet with timeslots to the people who signed up so that we know how many would be in at any given time and that people have sufficient time to play with the gears.

Hope to see many folks there.

Feb 26, 2020 at 1:15 PM Post #2 of 11
I would like to invite headphones enthusiasts in the Seattle/Bellevue area to come and join me for an afternoon in Seattle to socialize, having fun conversations about headphones gears and, and (most importantly) listening to them. This meet is meant to be intimate and informal, and it is free to attend. Refreshments will be served!

This meet was first conceived over at the forums of headphones.com, the enthusiasts from which are planning bring their own gears to the meet.

I can confirm that at least the following piece of gears would be there from my end:

Sony DMP-Z1, Sony TA-ZH1ES
Abyss Diana Phi, Abyss 1266 Phi TC
Stax 009S
Woo Audio WA33 Elite, Woo Audio 3ES, Woo Audio WA11

Since I've purchased quite a few things from Woo, I've developed a friendship with Jack Wu and Mike Liang. I'm inviting them to the meet as my special guests and they have graciously agreed to loan me the Stax and 3ES system for the meet!

The tentative date and time is 2020/03/14, 10am to 5pm (we will extend it to 8pm if there are folks who can only make it to the meet in the late hours)

If you would like to join, please put your name in this thread and I will update this post to keep the total count. We're hoping to see 20-30 people signing up :)

Because the venue I'm considering has limited space, if we have a lot of people interested, I'll send out a signup sheet with timeslots to the people who signed up so that we know how many would be in at any given time and that people have sufficient time to play with the gears.

Hope to see many folks there.
Hi there:

I'd really like to attend this meet -- coming up from the Oregon Coast. I can bring some of my cans and some electronics if desired.

Where is the venue?

Thanks, LC

Feb 26, 2020 at 2:05 PM Post #3 of 11
I'd really like to attend this meet -- coming up from the Oregon Coast. I can bring some of my cans and some electronics if desired.

Where is the venue?

Right now the tentative venue is in Downtown Seattle. When we get closer to the date, I'll post the location. Don't need to bring electronics. Just pring headphones and IEMs :)

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2020 at 5:32 PM Post #4 of 11
I'd like to come. See my sig for my gear.

Feb 26, 2020 at 5:44 PM Post #5 of 11
you son of a bitch, I'm in!

Feb 26, 2020 at 7:18 PM Post #6 of 11
You guys are invited to the meet on 03/07/20 in Seattle at Genesis Advanced Technologies. There will be some awesome gear to audition. This is our 14th year putting on meets in the Pacific NorthWest.

Feb 27, 2020 at 6:16 PM Post #9 of 11
How big of an event is this or how many people will make this? Does it make sense that Seattle now has 2 additional meets from other users when there is a main one we usually attend 4-5x a year?

Might make for better meets to consolidate these events to the original meets vs spreading everyone around. Would like to meet new people at the meets vs meeting new people at multiple meets. Just 2c

Feb 28, 2020 at 2:35 AM Post #10 of 11
Good point, that. Due to the coronavirus chaos, also, that Woo Audio had decided to not attend the meet as of now, as attendance may be low, and so we thought it might be best to postpone this meet and maybe consolidate with other meets in the future.

My apologies for this cancellation!

Feb 28, 2020 at 9:37 AM Post #11 of 11
Good point, that. Due to the coronavirus chaos, also, that Woo Audio had decided to not attend the meet as of now, as attendance may be low, and so we thought it might be best to postpone this meet and maybe consolidate with other meets in the future.

My apologies for this cancellation!

Too bad :frowning2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back