Seattle Head-fi Meet at Front Panel Express October 2, 2010
Sep 17, 2010 at 6:35 PM Post #166 of 241
LOL...you know, I could totally go along with the liquid diet idea, except chances are good (if past meets are a good example) I won't get much of a lunch that day.  With my build, if I start drinking on an empty tummy I would only be asking for tragedy.

Sep 17, 2010 at 10:49 PM Post #167 of 241
Stick around me, I don't miss a meal
blink.gif

Sep 18, 2010 at 7:35 PM Post #168 of 241
there is also a Via Tribunali behind the building 9 lbs hammer is in.  really really good pizza there, napolitani style. 

and there is a bar that serves lots of vegan options close by too - Georgetown Liquor Company.  actually, their sandwiches are really damn good, even for meat-eaters. 

Sep 19, 2010 at 1:33 PM Post #169 of 241
Dang, I had no idea this was going on.....glad I found the thread. WIll save the date.

I used to work right around the corner. Spent a hell of a lotta time at the 9lb. Hammer before I left Seattle for Portland and quit drinking! This'll be a trip down memory lane.

-Dogwan

Sep 20, 2010 at 2:46 AM Post #170 of 241
Question for the area Head-Fiers: are there any particularly good places to eat in either downtown Seattle or Bellevue? I eat pretty much anything, well except for Japanese. Cheap places preferred (<$15 lunch, <$20 dinner). (I'm going to have a rental car so I'll be able to go just about anywhere in the metro area, though I expect to be staying at a hotel near the Space Needle and walking or a short bus distance from there would be preferred.)

Quote:
It will be nice to have you Asr. If you need to, I probable could receive and send your cans. All my stuff comes to a ups store and is received and held in back for me by people I trust until I can pick it up later that day. You got over the fact that it may be raining?

Thanks but I got someone else to take care of a box for me, if I send one out. As for rain, I'll deal with whatever happens.

Sep 20, 2010 at 2:53 AM Post #171 of 241
Hey Asr, PM me, Know The Eastside (Bellevue) and Seattle pretty good for restaurants. The food in Seattle is pretty good, a little spendy at times but there is one odd thing about Seattle that makes it a killer foody town. Any establishment that sells alcohol has to sell food. There are some really good pubs with great food. And all the breweries!

Sep 20, 2010 at 12:43 PM Post #172 of 241
Quote:
Question for the area Head-Fiers: are there any particularly good places to eat in either downtown Seattle or Bellevue? I eat pretty much anything, well except for Japanese. Cheap places preferred (<$15 lunch, <$20 dinner). (I'm going to have a rental car so I'll be able to go just about anywhere in the metro area, though I expect to be staying at a hotel near the Space Needle and walking or a short bus distance from there would be preferred.)

There are a large number of good restaurants throughout Seattle, and many are affordable.  Believe it or not, Yelp is a useful resource.  Narrow down what you would like, and I am sure we can give you a list of choices.  If you are downtown and like Chinese or Vietnamese, you will have a large number of affordable choices in the International District.

--Ken

Sep 21, 2010 at 6:36 PM Post #175 of 241
Sorry to hear that Smegs, you have some ninja skills. Somebody will be knocking on your door soon.

Quote:
Well there's nothing much stopping me from going to the meet now as I just lost my job, so Im free until I find another one. Bit of a bummer but such is life.

Sep 22, 2010 at 11:09 AM Post #178 of 241
Hey, I'm really new to all this and might come.  I'd really like to try out a Woo Audio 6 and Burson HA-160.  I can bring my K702's, DT990 Premium's, Maverick TubeMagic D1, RSA P-51 Mustang, and Pico amp/DAC.  Any other gear I should bring?  Do I need to put GPS locators on all my gear?  =)

Sep 22, 2010 at 12:23 PM Post #179 of 241

Quote:
Hey, I'm really new to all this and might come.  I'd really like to try out a Woo Audio 6 and Burson HA-160.  I can bring my K702's, DT990 Premium's, Maverick TubeMagic D1, RSA P-51 Mustang, and Pico amp/DAC.  Any other gear I should bring?  Do I need to put GPS locators on all my gear?  =)

Awesome...will be great to see new folks!  I usually bring one of my portables, just in case anyone is researching that market, but in general it's the desktop rig that gets the most attention.  Still, I'd bring whatever you feel like you want to share.  Definitely bring any sources you have, since that  usually seems to be the biggest constraint amongst our toys.

As far as keeping your gear under wraps, it's been pretty casual and trusting the last two meets.  The group, in general, is respectful of people's equipment.  Doesn't hurt to stay close to your rig so you can keep an eye on it, but you also can answer questions that way too.  It's also not unheard of for people to ask to borrow cans to check out how they sound on other rigs.

Sep 22, 2010 at 1:29 PM Post #180 of 241
Every rig will have instructions. If you do not mind that your gear is borrowed. Please state it there. We will have gear sheets with instructions on every set up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back