Seattle Head-fi Meet at Front Panel Express October 2, 2010
Aug 11, 2010 at 2:59 PM Post #31 of 241
It is about the size of the Woodie L3 and no battery.

Aug 11, 2010 at 3:19 PM Post #32 of 241
I hope to bring the jkeny-modded M2Tech HiFace should it arrive in time. Otherwise, Samsung NC10 netbook running foobar, the stock M2Tech HiFace, Oyaide DR-510, Benchmark DAC1 Pre and HD650 with Moon Silver Dragon and Furutech connector. Perhaps I'll bring the Wright Sound AU-215i. The jkeny-modded M2Tech HiFace in BNC is a monster!

Aug 11, 2010 at 6:35 PM Post #33 of 241
Quote:
Nice!  I don't foresee any problems making it, especially with the advance notice.  I should be able to volunteer for whatever you need, and I work out of the Columbia Tower so I can swing by there after work on Friday to help with setup.  I'll PM ya Poppa.

I am looking out of my window in the Seattle Municipal Tower and I cannot see you!!  Are you sure you are not feeding us a line?
biggrin.gif

I am hoping to make it to the meet as well.

--Ken

P.S.  The primaries are next week.  So remember to Elect Ron Tube!  At least that's what was printed on my NOS GE 12AX7?

Aug 11, 2010 at 6:57 PM Post #34 of 241

Quote:
I am looking out of my window in the Seattle Municipal Tower and I cannot see you!!  Are you sure you are not feeding us a line?
biggrin.gif

Haha...well...right now you can look up to the 13th floor and I'm there.  In a few minutes, however, I'm switching sites...to Fado's. 
beerchug.gif

Aug 11, 2010 at 7:03 PM Post #35 of 241
Quote:
Haha...well...right now you can look up to the 13th floor and I'm there.  In a few minutes, however, I'm switching sites...to Fado's. 
beerchug.gif

You mean down to the 13th floor!  I am almost at the top of the tower.  You have to come by and see the view.  Unlike some politico's, I probably could see Russia from my office.
ph34r.gif
  Have one for me at Fado!

Cheers,

--Ken

Aug 12, 2010 at 12:38 PM Post #36 of 241
Wow, looks like we could organize a lunchtime meet downtown.  I'm at 3rd and Seneca!

Curby, I'll be interested to hear the two HiFace's back to back.  I have a stock one and was wondering how much better the jkeny might be. 

I'm going to try to make the meet.  It's been a while.  Not sure what I'll bring as I don't have any amazing new builds.  Maybe just the CKKIII with a CPU source hanging off a Shunyata Hydra 2 would do it.  Dunno.

Gil - if you talk to the FPE staff, could you ask them if we can bring an FPE order in that day?  I have one sitting on my computer and just never got around to getting it in the mail.  That would rock.  thx!

Aug 12, 2010 at 1:08 PM Post #37 of 241

Quote:
 Have one for me at Fado!

Done.  Several times in fact.  If you started getting light-headed, that might have been somewhere around my third pint. 
beerchug.gif

LOL...does sound like we have a bunch of people in the south downtown area here.  I'm down with grabbing lunch sometime.  I'm usually downtown on every weekday except Thursday.  I'm usually in Bellevue at the fulfillment center Thursdays.

Aug 12, 2010 at 1:47 PM Post #38 of 241
With a few days notice, I can usually do lunch, although my life has been crazy these last few weeks.  I am normally out of the office every other Friday, but am game to meet up.  Any favorite places near by? O'Asian does Dim Sum that is not bad for being so close.  And if you want to head to the ID, there are a ton of restaurants.

BTW, does anybody local own, or has owned, a Rogue Audio Metis preamplifier?  Feel free to PM me if you have any info.

Thanks,

--Ken

Aug 12, 2010 at 6:40 PM Post #39 of 241

Quote:
Curby, I'll be interested to hear the two HiFace's back to back.  I have a stock one and was wondering how much better the jkeny might be.

Jkeny just shipped the modded RCA HiFace, so it should be here for the meet. Do you have a DAC with a BNC S/PDIF connection? I also have the boxed modded BNC HiFace.

Aug 12, 2010 at 6:45 PM Post #40 of 241
i was talking with a speaker guy today and he told me about the pacific northwest audio society. http://www.audiosociety.org/   Just curious if anybody around here is already a member. Sounds cool. 1 get together a month for 2 hours just to talk about audio stuff with guest speakers and stuff.

Aug 12, 2010 at 7:15 PM Post #42 of 241
Quote:
i was talking with a speaker guy today and he told me about the pacific northwest audio society. http://www.audiosociety.org/   Just curious if anybody around here is already a member. Sounds cool. 1 get together a month for 2 hours just to talk about audio stuff with guest speakers and stuff.

I believe they are holding a huge regional swap meet this Sunday off of Aurora Avenue and N. 175th.  I do not know if I can make it, but it sounds interesting, especially if you like to hunt for tubes.

--Ken

Aug 13, 2010 at 3:20 AM Post #43 of 241
Is there going to be a lot of table space?
tongue.gif
May need like 4- 5 ft.

Aug 13, 2010 at 12:39 PM Post #44 of 241

I used to go to their meetings a number of years back.  Made some good connections, heard some amazing stuff, learned a lot!  Give it a try.  I think the membership is fairly priced for what you get out of it.
Quote:

Aug 13, 2010 at 2:23 PM Post #45 of 241
Joe Pittman is a member and so is Ken from Rev power. Been to one of their meetings. Very informative stuff. Compliments the Head-fi stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back