Seattle Head-Fi Meet...11/17/2007
Oct 6, 2007 at 6:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 97

bhjazz

Headphoneus Supremus
Greetings Seattle Head-Fi'ers.

Our last meet in May was a blast. We had a great turnout and I was really happy to meet everyone. Sooooo....let's get another one going! Our date for this meet is now set at November 17, 2007.

We have a nice big meeting room ready at the Issaquah Library. The room is said to hold 54 and has 21 tables, so I think we'll get lots of room to spread out. Heck, we might even get some exercise in a space that big.

All Head-Fi'ers are welcome. If you're from Bellevue, Boston, San Jose or Seattle, c'mon down!

I would also like to organize a cash machine for this meet: We need to cover the costs of food and bevs, with any additional dollars going directly to Head Fi. After all, without Head Fi we would all be lonely heaphone users, without any support when snickering at that smug guy on the bus wearing his stock iBuds...

I'll prime the pump (or shoebox) with $20 bucks. No obligation at all: I'd rather build up the group. But it sure would be cool to send it all to Head Fi with our name on it!

The room will be divided into gear section (where the tables are) and snacks and drinks section. This is to prevent possible damage to gear and give people a place to talk. I will encourage everyone to keep their hands clean when using someone else's equipment. Nobody wants to find sticky or oily fingerprints on their beloved gear.

Please reply to this thread if you are planning to attend and list what gear you will bring. Bring your ears, gear and ethusiasm. And don't forget to bring your own power cables, extension etc.

[size=medium]Cool Announcement![/size]
Justin w. of Headamp will be bringing his Pico USB DAC/Amp. If you have not heard the Pico yet, this could be your only chance to demo it in the Seattle area!

[size=medium]Location[/size]
Issaquah Library
10 W Sunset Way
Issaquah, WA
(425) 392-5430

[size=medium]Attendee List[/size]
bhjazz
socrates63
Joshatdot
Zibit
roastpuff
iPatch (honorary attendee)
WittyzTH
Akui
xtreme4099
dropkickduffy
kelvinz
justin w.
mochimon
braillediver
BIG POPPA
motherone
smeggy (possibly...)

[size=medium]Equipment List[/size]

[size=x-small]justin w.[/size]
Pico portable USB DAC/Amp

[size=x-small]kelvinz[/size]
K701
HD650
M-Audio Audiophile USB
E500/SE530 with PTH (for sale =P)

[size=x-small]Akui[/size]
HD650's
Heed Canamp
iBasso D1

[size=x-small]bhjazz[/size]
Pimeta
CK2III
Sony DVP-S9000ES
Portable: iPod, iBasso, Mint
HD-600 w/Cardas Cable

[size=x-small]joshatdot[/size]
Cans
SR80's w/Flats, Bowls, HD414, HD414 quarter mod
PX100's w/stock & quarter mod pads
HA-FX33's w/Large Orange Foamies
HA-FX33's Kramer Mod w/Large Orange Foamies
KSC35's Kramer Mod
KSC75's Kramer Mod & SPC re-cable
MDR-V6's w/DT250 pads
MDR-7506 w/DT250 pads

DAP
Memorex MMP8640
iRiver X20

Amps
Joshatdot CMoy v1.01
Joshatdot CMoy v1.03
Accurian 15-1937

Source
AV-710

Speakers
Accurian 40-1462

Other
Mod'ed Xbox
Sony 13" CRT TV

LED Flashlights
Fenix P1D CE Q5 Siler w/SMO
Fenix P1D CE Q5 Natural w/MOP
DX SKU 5435 Cree Q4
DX Sku 5444 Cree Q4
MAG-LITE 4D w/3w LED Upgrade

[size=x-small]WittyzTH[/size]
ATH-M50
Meier Corda Opera with DAC version
The Pig portable headphone amp from Thailand

source
EMU1616M

Audio Technica ATH-W5000 with Fitz mod
Audio Technica ATH-W3000 - the W100 with L3000 drivers (will get this week)
Audio Technica ATH-W100
Audio Technica ATH-ESW9
Audio Technica ATH-M50

[size=x-small]braillediver[/size]
custom Single Ended Ultra-linear amp with a single 12AX7 and a pair of EL84’s

[size=x-small]socrates63[/size]
sources
Micro DAC
iRiver H140

headphones
AD2000
'05 DT990

amps
MPX3 Slam SE
M^3
β22
Hornet
PINT
mini³

[size=x-small][size=small]BIG POPPA[/size][/size]
Amps: Tomahawk , Portaphile
Headphones: Recabled KSC-75's, Livewires, MS-1's

[size=small]FAQs[/size] borrowed from socrates63 borrowed from SiBurning

I'd like to attend. Do I need to register or do anything else to attend?
No, just show up. We like to keep the meet open to all members. However, please reply to this thread to let us know that you're coming as there is an upper limit to the amount of people we can have in the room.

Can I bring a friends/family/kids?
Sure, within limits. We're always happy to attract others to our addiction. Please make sure they understand the basic tips, especially about treating equipment with respect.

Unless you have well-behaved, quiet kids, please consider leaving them at home or having the family hang out in the library.

Who pays for the meet?
Donations are welcome to cover the cost of drinks and snacks, but are not necessary to attend. Any money left over will go to support the Head-Fi.org web site.

Can I buy/sell gear at the meet?
You're welcome to come and show off your gear. If you have product for sale, you're welcome to bring it. Just remember that this is primarily a listening forum. Focus on letting people audition your gear, and keep the marketing to the side.

Do I have to bring gear?
No. If you have no gear or just can't bring it for whatever reason, just bring your ears. Don't leave your headphones at home just because they're crappy and think noone else wants to hear them. It might be helpful for you to use them to compare with something familiar.

Is my gear safe? Do I need to watch it all the time?
Maybe we've been lucky, but most head-fi members would agree that the head-fi community is trustworthy and you can leave your gear unguarded at a meet. So far no one's lost any gear at a meet except little things like cables, adaptors, and CDs. These inevitably get mixed up by accident. You might want to clearly label your cables and adapters so people don't forget and pack it by accident when they break down. If you're concerned, watch your gear, or ask someone you trust to watch it. If you do lose something, just post in the meet impression thread. There's a good chance you'll get it back.

Oct 6, 2007 at 6:39 AM Post #2 of 97
Hey, Brian! The man lives up to his word to organize the next meet. I'm up for another.

Are you thinking about using the Bellevue library again?

At this point, 11/17 and 12/8 look good for me.

New acquisitions since the last meet: β22 and Mini³, both built by n_maher. I'd love to hear how your CKIII sounds. DIY gear rocks!

Oct 10, 2007 at 5:25 AM Post #3 of 97
Count me in!! I had a great time at the last Seattle/Eastside mini-meet!

Since the last meet I've got afew new toys:
- Custom built CMoy PCB's for personal use, give as gifts & share with other HF'ers
- SR80's with Bowls, HD414's stock & quarter mod'ed, and Flats (I love the flats!
eggosmile.gif
)
- PX100's Black, stock
- FX33's White Kramer'ed & Black, both have Shure Foamies
- Accurian 40-1462, HomePlug Digital Receiver/Speakers
- Nichicon Caps for a full cap mod AV-710 (soon to be mod'ed)
- LED Flashlights: Fenix P1D CE Q5 Silver w/SMO, Fenix P1D CE Q5 Natural w/MOP

Oct 13, 2007 at 3:46 AM Post #4 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by socrates63 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DIY gear rocks!

I'm with ya on that one. I can't believe the sound of DIY gear. Totally amazing!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshatdot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Count me in!! I had a great time at the last Seattle/Eastside mini-meet!
- LED Flashlights: Fenix P1D CE Q5 Silver w/SMO, Fenix P1D CE Q5 Natural w/MOP

icon10.gif
Excellent! We should try to find a dark play to test these out then...haha..I'll bring my hotrodded Brinkmann with custom LED!
My Ck2III is coming along fairly well. I have, at the very least, two weeks of work to finish on it as of today...so it still looks possible to bring! Yay!

Josh: Any day better/worse for you?

Oct 17, 2007 at 10:54 PM Post #6 of 97
Vancouver Head-Fier here... we're about to host our own meet as well! In early Nov, no less!

I might just have to go to that one and then go here, too!
biggrin.gif

Oct 18, 2007 at 2:06 AM Post #7 of 97
Haha, I should mail my gear to the meet and pretend like I can hear your guys' setups...
biggrin.gif

Oct 19, 2007 at 7:46 PM Post #9 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by WittyzTH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sounds interesting!!

I would like to join but unfortunately I can't speak English well. ^^"

WittyzTH, please join us anyway! We would love to have you be there with us. If nothing else, we can point out what gear we have and just let you listen.
600smile.gif

Oct 20, 2007 at 3:02 AM Post #11 of 97
I am open to any day, just let me know atleast 2 weeks in advance to ask for the days off.

Oct 26, 2007 at 2:32 AM Post #12 of 97
Is it too late to chime in? I've never been to a meet before, and honestly I don't have a whole lot to bring to the table, but I'd love to meet some other Seattle area Headfiers!

Oct 26, 2007 at 2:41 AM Post #13 of 97
I'm in, and the Bellevue Library was a nice little venue.

Oct 26, 2007 at 7:27 AM Post #14 of 97
I'm down too. Late Dec. is preferable for me (stupid finals!). Too bad I just sold tons of stuff (HD580, Grado SR60s, DT880s, Cute Dac/Amp). The only thing I can contribute is my 3g Nano w/Headsix and SE530s.

Oct 27, 2007 at 5:47 AM Post #15 of 97
It's looking more like the Nov. 17 timeframe right now. I'm just thinking that any time after Thanksgiving will usually need to get dedicated to the December holidays. (Duffy, we can always schedule a mini-meet for late December if you like. You never know what people might receive as gifts...!)

Thoughts, anyone? 11/17...?

Akui: you are definitely welcome to be there. It's all about the music, the gear, and the socializing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back