Seattle/Eastside Minimeet June 4th, 2PM @ My Place!
May 29, 2006 at 9:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Optional

100+ Head-Fier
OK!

So to make sure people find this information I'm making an announcement thread!

We're having a Seattle/Eastside Mini-meet @ my house on the 4th of June!

Plan is to start @ 2PM and I should have pizza and soda for everyone to have!

My address is:

I reccoment google maps or mapquest to find my house as they're both right on the button as far as finding my place.

My house is pretty large, I could house about 10-15 people if that many people decide to show up, a head count beforehand would be nice to know how much pizza and drinks to buy though!

I'm kinda sick right now but nothing horrible, just a cold, so I'm sure this is going down! I'm hoping my ATH-A900's are here on time for the meet, and that I'll have the chance to hear them from different sources and amps and make some buying decisions for my future set up as my current stuff is the usual crap every kid has.

Last edited:
May 30, 2006 at 5:54 PM Post #2 of 12
I want to go with my roommate but we'd like to know what the numbers are before commiting to makin' the trek down to the Seattle area.

Jun 1, 2006 at 12:36 AM Post #3 of 12
there were some interested in the other thread, but no word since.

I got my A900's today though, been listening to them whenever I have the chance, very comfortable, very light, i like the bass, especially from my speakers' amp. i'm giving the burn-in thing a test drive, see if it helps any, psychological or not, i'm doing it, haha.

Hope some portable amps can make it to the meet, preferably something I might be able to buy from someone? *cough cough*

Jun 2, 2006 at 8:38 PM Post #4 of 12
Well I plan on being there with my junk, still have no idea how many others will be coming. I will bring both Staxes + amp. My MS-1, Firestone Spitfire DAC, Ety ER4s and Shure E5 IEMs (you'll need your own tips). Rio Karma and The H/K DVD 25.

Some lucky bugger might even get to adopt the Shure E5s, I'm pretty much done with them so a meet might be a good way for them to get a new home
icon10.gif

Jun 2, 2006 at 11:00 PM Post #5 of 12
Sorry guys. I'd love to be there, but I have previous commitments which I can't reschedule.

mad.gif
I wanted to check out smeggy's Stax. Have a good time and don't forget the photos.

Jun 3, 2006 at 6:28 AM Post #7 of 12
Yeah looks like I'm out too, can't get it off work (late restaurant work on Saturday night and then back to work on Monday morning in Vancouver)... too bad, appreciate the venue offer though, that's totally awesome of you. Plus I've had visions of the pizza and pop dancing through my head... *sigh*... another time

Jun 3, 2006 at 7:55 PM Post #8 of 12
looks like about 7 people including my own friends hehe, which should be fine and very well, 'mini' i'm extremely excited to learn some new things, hear what headphones can really do and what music sounds best from them etc.

i'll be here with like 2-3 pizza's or something, the store is just down the hill from my place too, so if we need more soda or something it's not a problem.

Jun 3, 2006 at 8:42 PM Post #10 of 12
well.. news reached me today that baccalaureate is tomorrow from 2 to 4.. wow, thanks mom and school for releasing this information, thanks. So I have to go to that so it looks like no meet unless it's after that, is 4pm still ok?

I really don't want to go to baccalaureate, it's the most boring thing ever, I know myself and none of my friends got scholarships for that stuff.. *ahem*.

a little after 4 pm ok? or is that too late for you smeggy? lol

Jun 3, 2006 at 9:23 PM Post #11 of 12
4pm is leaving it a bit late in the day to start a meet as my wife will want to go out to dinner in the evening (she has zero interest in our hobby). I think we should reschedule to a date and time when more can come. Maybe put out that poll you were talking about.

Jun 3, 2006 at 9:48 PM Post #12 of 12
yeah sounds like a good idea, a poll with dates and times would be best, i'll do that, hopefully people get the message and don't show up tomorrow ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back