Seattle/Eastside micro-meet?
Apr 13, 2004 at 7:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

fewtch

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi All,

I'm up for hosting a micro-meet at my place (I live in a condo in Newcastle, just S. of Bellevue and N. of Renton). Thinking in terms of myself and three other people at most, for maybe a couple hours.

I've got both Senn HD580s and HD600s (stock cables), if anyone wants to compare the two... If you're curious to listen to a tweaked out PC-based setup with a high-end soundcard I've got that (also a high speed broadband connection and CD burner, if you've been wanting to download a Linux distro or something
wink.gif
).

I've also got a vintage turntable setup (not the greatest, but not bad -- good taste of analog type stuff). Both my amps are Headsave models (see my .sig).

There's room for a couple additional sources and amps at most (will probably hold this in my bedroom with the rest of my gear -- not much room to move around), but plenty of headphones
tongue.gif
. I'm particularly interested in hearing Grado SR225s and Sony CD3000s... also would like to compare the Cardas and/or Zu HD6x0 replacement cables with the stock cables.

Anyone interested? It'd be a lot quieter & more laid back than a full size meet anyway, good chance to really listen and compare some stuff with minimal distractions.

Apr 13, 2004 at 8:55 PM Post #3 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by Iron_Dreamer
I'd come if I had a spare plane ticket lying around, I'd be fun to meet you
wink.gif

You'd be disappointed... I'm just quiet and taciturn in person, even standoffish at times. Less likely at a smaller gathering, but depends on my mood...

Apr 14, 2004 at 6:39 PM Post #4 of 26
me and steeleblayde are actually thinking about holding a meet as well sometime soon ... doug is thinking we would have more space at his place ... we were thinking of headfi meet /lan party so if you like bring your pc as well that would be nice.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
however i wouldnt mind dropping by yours as well ...

Apr 14, 2004 at 11:14 PM Post #5 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by xtreme4099
me and steeleblayde are actually thinking about holding a meet as well sometime soon ... he has a rather large place ... darn beachfront property heh ... we were thinking of headfi meet /lan party so if you like bring your pc as well that would be nice.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Sounds nice... my main prob is transportation, but who knows. My PC isn't really set up to cart around (case is too cheap
tongue.gif
), so I probably wouldn't bring it tho.

NEways, drop me a PM if you guys decide on something (or I'll keep my eye out for a related thread).

Apr 18, 2004 at 6:48 AM Post #6 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by xtreme4099
me and steeleblayde are actually thinking about holding a meet as well sometime soon ... doug is thinking we would have more space at his place ... we were thinking of headfi meet /lan party so if you like bring your pc as well that would be nice.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

YES...I'll be interested in another Seattle meet
orphsmile.gif

Last time we had too much gears and quite little time... it'd be great if we can have another one.
Lan party is cool as well
icon10.gif

Apr 27, 2004 at 11:30 PM Post #7 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer
I'd come if I had a spare plane ticket lying around, I'd be fun to meet you
wink.gif

I'd be right there with you if you had a couple of those tickets... I'm home sick!!!

May 20, 2004 at 9:46 PM Post #10 of 26
Saw some pictures from a minimeet in your sig... does that mean this "micromeet" already happened, or?

I'm looking to go to as many meets as possible this summer..
biggrin.gif

May 21, 2004 at 11:22 AM Post #11 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek
Saw some pictures from a minimeet in your sig... does that mean this "micromeet" already happened, or?

The minimeet in fewtch's sig occurred last summer. The date (Aug. 21, 2003) is shown in the window's header and on the page itself.

D.

Jun 11, 2004 at 4:35 AM Post #13 of 26
I'm up for it. My apartment complex has an area that is big enough that I could rent out for $50. Plus it has a big kitchen if we want to make any food, etc. I'm in Issaquah about 1 mile off I-90, see www.jeffersonattalus.com for directions. As far as a lan party, the common area I can reserve is not really well suited for it, but my apartment is more or less empty and could probably has room for 12-16 gamers without trouble.

In terms of equipment, I have the following:
grado sr60
Sony V6
mid-level meta42
NAD C522 cd player
1 M-Audio Sonica
1 M-Audio Revolution
Mac G4 to drive above
2 technics sl1200's (but no good carts, only dj carts)

Anyway, I'm employed now and hoping to try out new gear
smily_headphones1.gif
Keep me posted.

Jun 23, 2004 at 11:07 PM Post #14 of 26
I'm definitely up for it. I have HD600's, an awesome tube amp, and a soon-to-be-built DIY PPA with hyper-reg'd power. Alas my beautiful Omega II's will soon be worn on my girlfriend's finger.
biggrin.gif

Jul 7, 2004 at 2:01 AM Post #15 of 26
Count me in!

Sennheiser HE90
Stax Omega 2
KGSS
(depending on when the meet is) Blue Hawaii
Arcam CD72T
Modified aCk! dAck!
Tascam 34B
Audiogeek Nitrogen, Halogen, and Hotwire cables, plus misc. prototypes

It would be a bit excessive to bring *everything*, so the following stuff will only show up if someone is interested in hearing them.

Etymotic ER-4S
Koss KSC-50
MG Head OTL (for sale)
Wheatfield HA-2
HeadRoom Total Bithead
Sony D25S
iPod
Nomad Jukebox

Users who are viewing this thread

Back