Seattle/Eastside 5/26 meet impressions
May 29, 2007 at 4:50 AM Post #31 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by socrates63 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You caught me, Al. I was a little miffed that I couldn't attend The Meet last month. For my part, this was a small attempt to ease some of the pain and satiate some unfed desire for all things Head-Fi.
biggrin.gif

Basically, this was my first Head-Fi meet (my one hour stay at the Headroom tour in Seattle two years ago notwithstanding), and it was, for lack of better words, a strange experience being in the presence of others who share the same joy and passion about headphones and music. Usually, friends, family and coworkers kinda look at me a little funny.
wink.gif

I should thank you and the others who worked on the SJ meet since this meet was inspired by bhjazz who had the good fortune to attend the SJ meet and returned to Seattle gushing about how we needed to have one here.

BTW, there are betters photos of yours truly. I'd hate to leave a bad impression
biggrin.gif
. Check out the recent Ball and Chain-Fi thread.

I was disappointed you were not in SJ as i had expected you to make it. Sorry this one didn't work out but keep on track for '08, it should be a doozy. I'm glad bhjazz and spouse had such a good time down here so you guys could get it together to get together. Once you do the meets, you want more meets, and so on and so one...

May 29, 2007 at 5:38 AM Post #32 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioCats /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And a special thank you to Josh for the Alizee cd, now I can play the sounds all day long again.
very_evil_smiley.gif

NP AudioCats, I'm glad to help
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Usually, friends, family and coworkers kinda look at me a little funny.
wink.gif

I know what exactly what you mean. My friend Ryan was teasing me this weekend, about how Nerdy I was and stuff...he's just jealous cause all he has is iBuds
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtreme4099 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
btw, anyone know where i can find those 1/8 mini jack to toslink optical cables, noone seems to be make them anymore, not even ratshack, i want to get that binaural off my minidisc .. and dont wanna have to use the analog out

My AV710 came with a TOSLINK to 1/8 adapter...I dont really need it, cause ATM I use the HQ Alt outs, and if I had a DAC I would use TOSLINK, or mod my AV710 to have a Digital COAX. You want the adapter thing?

May 29, 2007 at 6:57 AM Post #33 of 45
Sure ill take it off ya .. thanx

May 29, 2007 at 3:03 PM Post #34 of 45
thomaspf listening to AudioCats woody KSC55... at first some people, including myself, told Kevin that he had some serious wood working skills and Larry better watch out for some competition
wink.gif
. But he told us that he didn't make the wood enclosure. He recycled woody napkin holder rings! I dunno, I think that made them even more cool -- almost MacGyver-esque.

img1052pc9.jpg

May 29, 2007 at 7:55 PM Post #35 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great looking meet folks! The Seattle crew looks great and brought together a very nice collection of gear as well.

Looking forward to making a Seattle meet sometime.

Al, you know you'll always be welcome. Socrates and I were already chatting about what the next Seattle meet might be, and are tossing some ideas around. We already have an eye on a larger space
wink.gif
Let us know when you'll be in the area, and we'll plan something. We could even schedule a mini meet just to hang out.

May 30, 2007 at 1:47 AM Post #37 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cool meet guys! Lots of cool gear and it seems you all had a great time.
icon10.gif

NEXT MEET WE NEED A BAR.....LOL

May 30, 2007 at 8:03 AM Post #38 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG POPPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NEXT MEET WE NEED A BAR.....LOL

yeah :cheers:

Jun 4, 2007 at 5:56 AM Post #39 of 45
Just ordered parts for a Cavalli-Kan Kumisa III. Hope to get it done by the next meet!

Jun 4, 2007 at 6:06 AM Post #40 of 45
That's cool!

But I thought you said you had like a year's worth of projects still on the table.
evil_smiley.gif
biggrin.gif

Jun 4, 2007 at 6:24 AM Post #41 of 45
Ok, we seen the lit knob and the lit bottom, What are you going to do different? And are you taking orders yet? Nice Stuff!!!

Jun 5, 2007 at 3:34 AM Post #42 of 45
Quote:

I thought you said you had like a year's worth of projects still on the table.
evil_smiley.gif
biggrin.gif

Well, this one jumped ahead of a few others because the BOM on AMB's site was so complete! I figured I would take advantage of that. And, I suppose, it already is part of the backlog so I just picked one
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Ok, we seen the lit knob and the lit bottom, What are you going to do different? And are you taking orders yet? Nice Stuff!!!

Thanks, man! The new design...well, I believe Cavalli is an Italian name, so this one will definitely have an Italian/art-deco look. I'm a little bleary eyed today as I came up with an idea last night, and my brain worked overtime with the details when I could have been sleeping.
plainface.gif

Jun 5, 2007 at 3:37 AM Post #43 of 45
If you every want to sell any projects to fund new projects let me know. Great work.

Jun 6, 2007 at 11:07 AM Post #44 of 45
Quote:

Where can I see the lit knob & bottom amp? PM or reply with link please...I been wondering how to do that.

Jun 8, 2007 at 3:45 AM Post #45 of 45
Hey there Josh! I posted a group of photos in the build thread. It is here: bhjazz Pimeta.

I'll pm you with more detailed information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back