Seattle BottleHead HQ Cracks and Stax Spring Meet 2014
Apr 29, 2014 at 6:17 PM Post #31 of 36
  Curbfeeler, are you still using your HD-650's or have you completely gone over to the Audezes?    I still remember your DAC1 running with the HD650s 
(from the meet at the Greenwood Library?) and thought that was a great combination.

I still have the HD650 with the Moon Silver Dragon cable and Furutech TRS connector. And I still use them.
Stan

Apr 30, 2014 at 8:00 AM Post #32 of 36
And the video footage I took has just been uploaded to YouTube.

It's always interesting to hear myself when using the binaural microphones in my ears since the audio being played back sounds so similar to what I hear when recording (e.g. my "stuffy-sounding," monotonous voice in the audio recording sounds like how I hear myself talk in reality).

Thank you so much for the video. I think it was a great idea, and it helped me get a visual to go along with the descriptions posted.

Question, who would be the best to PM to get impressions of the Fostex TH900's with the Eddie Current ZD?

Apr 30, 2014 at 6:11 PM Post #34 of 36
What did you guys think of the Eddie Current 2a3 amp that they sent up for the meet? It's not mine you won't hurt my feelings. I know Gil wasn't a fan of my tubes (a little u-shaped). AC/DC wasn't working for him. Send some impressions. Everyone is too quiet. Throw them under the bus, I'm sure they'd want to know that as much as any positive feedback.

I'd say to give Doc some love, but half the attendees had a Crack already :). Who liked the mainline?

May 1, 2014 at 4:50 AM Post #35 of 36
The Mainline worked very well with HD800, but I have not tried it with other cans that I care about.

After all these meets, I got lost in a search of a perfect tonality set-up. That is why I sold all my gears and keep looking. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back