Seattle Area Meet (Red Hook Meet)
Jul 16, 2010 at 3:58 PM Post #226 of 247

Quote:

I attended one previous meet in Portland two years ago, but have been really nervous about going again, simply because I just don't have the nerve to ask someone if I can turn their amp wayyy up (something like 1 to 2 o' clock on the volume pots).  So I would appreciate a response from someone on this forum thread about that, whether it would damage their equipment or not.  I am really jazzed about a number of amps and phones that have been proffered for a listen.

No problem. I constantly turn mine up way past one especially on non efficient cans. I hope you have a good time. Welcome to headfi and to our humble little meet.

Quote:
I can vouch for the Doc when I had the S.E.X.  I miss my S.E.X
basshead.gif

Poor virgin. Touched by a doc.

Quote:
Kingstyle,

How's your amp delivery going?

The BA wont be here for the meet. It is waiting for a set of KR PX4's which craig should recieve by the end of the month.

Jul 16, 2010 at 4:19 PM Post #228 of 247
Jul 16, 2010 at 4:45 PM Post #229 of 247
The welcoming is much appreciated...the comments about equipment use also.  Thanks, truly.

I will be bringing the following goodies:
Running Springs Haley; Rotel RCD-950; Lavry DA-10; Opera Audio Cyber-20; ATH-AD2000;
Cardas/Van den Hul/Supra cables/powercords.

I hope not to find that my headamp tubes are compromised by the hours of use (over 1000) to the point someone will strike up the nerve to tell me so (I hope you all feel at liberty to educate me on what is the "right" sound...(me being in the land of the blind, as it were, and ya-alls the one eyed kings).  Its just that I've noticed a murky quality to some CDs after 30 minutes or so of playing.  I've had the Opera in play for 7 years now and replaced the stock tubes with late '50s NOS Amperex Bugle Boys two years ago.  I am in the market for a new amp and cans, so look forward to the T1s, HE-5, and cans of that caliber as well as amps mentioned thus far.  Did I hear tell somebody wud bring an AMB Beta22, a Cavalli Audio amp, a Redwine Isabellina?  In any case, there are already riches galore listed by Big Poppa on the first post.

Looking forward to meeting you all.  I can tell I will be leaving with either a lighter wallet, seeing as some things are proffered for the right pre-beer prices, and definitely an expanded learning opportunity, or both....c'est la vie.

Jul 16, 2010 at 6:19 PM Post #230 of 247
Wow, I almost missed this thread.  Thanks so much to Big Poppa for pointing this thread out to me.  I came last year and had a wonderful time.

I don't have much interesting gear at all to offer, all I have to bring is a HR Bithead and a Denon D2000 my wife got me for Christmas last year. 

I can however stop at Costco and bring food if that helps! :)

Looking forward to seeing you all these.  I'm very jazzed.

Jul 16, 2010 at 7:22 PM Post #231 of 247
Quote:
Are you going to have to displace an equal amount of volume as the Peak?  ^_^

Actually, I need to displace more than an equal amount.  Thus, my old Arcam Alpha (Alpha One integrated and Alpha Eight tuner) gear is also up for sale.  It will not be at meet with me, but I can answer any questions.

--Ken

Jul 16, 2010 at 9:41 PM Post #232 of 247
Man, I hate that I have to miss this. So much great gear. One of you guys will have to post about the LCD-2 - Luxman P-1u. Nobody on the planet seems to have auditioned this combo. I am soooo jealous!

Jul 17, 2010 at 2:55 AM Post #233 of 247
Cool Brian you are making it. Any snacks would be appreciated. Will add you to the list.

Quote:
Wow, I almost missed this thread.  Thanks so much to Big Poppa for pointing this thread out to me.  I came last year and had a wonderful time.

I don't have much interesting gear at all to offer, all I have to bring is a HR Bithead and a Denon D2000 my wife got me for Christmas last year. 

I can however stop at Costco and bring food if that helps! :)

Looking forward to seeing you all these.  I'm very jazzed.

Jul 17, 2010 at 3:41 AM Post #235 of 247
I will try to make it, just to see what the LCD-2 fuzz is all about.... :wink:

Gear: Sony X555ES --> DIY silver IC --> GainClone or /T-amp (it will be ideal if somebody can bring a high-end solid state speaker amp to drive the transformer boxes, but this is too short a notice, I know)  --> modded SRD7 or/ Lundahl transformer box --> HeAudio Jade or ESP950.

Will also bring a self-containded transportable SRD6 (not fully cased, but is working).

Too bad there isn't an O2 on the gear list.

Jul 17, 2010 at 6:25 AM Post #237 of 247
aargh..wish i could make it and hang with all the cool cats from up north.  Looking forward to some impressions, especially about Ethan's rig compared to the rest of the big names..oh yeah..and some after meet fun.

Jul 17, 2010 at 12:47 PM Post #238 of 247
If you guys haven't heard reel to reel tape or any of Bottlehead's headphone offerings, I think you're in for a shock.
Don't go home without listening to the Bottlehead Crack with the Speedball upgrade. It's sold as a kit (although they will assemble one for you). I think Doc is going to have a few for sale there too.

Here's a linky to the Bottlehead Crack thread.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/476650/crack-bottlehead-otl

Jul 17, 2010 at 2:44 PM Post #239 of 247
Ah Darn, I drove up there but got totally lost.   I just wasn't quite prepared for how confusing the roads were in Woodinville.   So next time, mapquest. And a compass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back