Searching is terrible!
May 11, 2010 at 3:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

stringgz301

100+ Head-Fier
I wanted to give myself time to get comfortable with the layout before I commented, but I've gotta say that the searching is really terrible compared to previous version.  Specifically:

- used to be able type a partial user name and be prompted with a list of names.  no more.

- used to be able search in just the thread title.  when you try this option now is searches in all the post titles, giving way too many hits.  this is a huge problem and dramatically reduces the usability of the forums

May 11, 2010 at 8:37 PM Post #2 of 7
It's worst than it used to be? The title search is useful, but I despised vBulletin's search. At least you don't have the 30 sec. minimum.

May 13, 2010 at 5:30 AM Post #5 of 7
hi Jude
It would be really good to have the thread option of newest post first. This used to be in the old control panel in thread preferences, but i cant find it anywhere in this new setup.
Now when i click on any thread i am on the first page instead of the newest page.
Also when i do a search with a lot of results it takes me to the oldest first and with searches with a lot of results this can be bothersome.

May 16, 2010 at 11:41 AM Post #6 of 7
I find that the search results are FAR from complete. I searched for a terms I've used in 2 threads and only found one of the Links in that search. I've searched for the term "HD800" and whereas before you'd come up with at least a dozen posts per day now you get maybe one or two. I know there were more posts made but they just don't show up in the search. And yes, I have checked only for the most recent posts.

May 17, 2010 at 4:02 AM Post #7 of 7
The search is terrible.
Lets say I want to search for all threads started by "jude" - there really do not seem to be any way. While the old forum handled that smoothly in Advanced Search.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back