Searching for TWS IEMs for music alone
Feb 9, 2024 at 11:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

wordfool

100+ Head-Fier
Now my Sony WF100XM4s are starting to die I'm starting the search for a replacement that I'll be using for music alone, so I don't really need ANC or microphones or any of the other gubbins that often comes with true wireless earphones these days -- I never used any of that on my XM4s because I have ANC headphones (far more effective) and a lighter pair of TWS for phone calls and workouts (Jabra 4 Elite Active). Obviously the emphasis should be on sound quality and to give you an idea of my preferred sound profile, my favorite wired IEMs are the Westone B50.

Yes, I know I could use the B50s with a wireless adapter, but I've tried that and TBH I still find it a massive hassle compared to just popping a tiny charging case into my bag. YMMV. So to that end I'm curious if music-only TWS IEMs actually exist and where to start the search.

Feb 9, 2024 at 11:20 AM Post #2 of 4
XM5's would surely be a natural replacement even if not using ANC etc?

BT dongle paired with whatever your source is would maybe be another option if B50 hit the mark?

Feb 9, 2024 at 4:47 PM Post #3 of 4
XM5's would surely be a natural replacement even if not using ANC etc?

BT dongle paired with whatever your source is would maybe be another option if B50 hit the mark?
I have thought of that but then I'd be paying for all the features I wouldn't be using, so in theory the bang for the buck purely for sound quality is going to be lower.

Feb 9, 2024 at 6:08 PM Post #4 of 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back