Searching for the ultimate universal flagship IEM
Feb 4, 2013 at 7:05 AM Post #16 of 22
Why not go custom? By going universal you limit yourself greatly, and since you have plenty of money at your disposal I don't see why you would shy away from them. If you do decide on going customs look into UM Miracle, Fitear MH334!.

Feb 4, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #17 of 22
W4 would be a great choice but I can't recommend it unamped.  I think it's doing it a diss-service.

UE900 is great but you didn't like it?  GR10 is very similar sounding to UE900 but a bit more mid-focused.

Feb 10, 2013 at 7:14 AM Post #18 of 22
W4 would be a great choice but I can't recommend it unamped.  I think it's doing it a diss-service.

UE900 is great but you didn't like it?  GR10 is very similar sounding to UE900 but a bit more mid-focused.

The W4 I tried sounded great unamped, does it get significantly better with amping?
Yeah, the Ue900 just didn't sound that great to me, and I don't want to put down a lot of cash for something that doesn't impress me. Will look into the GR10 though, thanks.
Meanwhile, I've ordered a XBA-40 because of the insane price in Amazon Japan, shall wait for it to arrive and see how it goes.

Feb 10, 2013 at 7:16 AM Post #19 of 22
Why not go custom? By going universal you limit yourself greatly, and since you have plenty of money at your disposal I don't see why you would shy away from them. If you do decide on going customs look into UM Miracle, Fitear MH334!.

Customs are still too high a price point for me, and if I were to ever get a custom I would get a JH16 pro and that is over twice the price of a flagship universal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back