Searching for some advice
May 10, 2011 at 9:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Pand4

New Head-Fier
Still quite new to these boards (and the wonderful world of audio goodness) so haven't had a chance to search out some answers yet but:

Looking for a portable player that'll allow me to increase the volume on the right side (crossfade the correct term?), ideally sub £100 and for whatever storage space I can get out of one, if it supports an SD card or similar all the better, but if it's fixed internal at least 8GB, be able to support FLAC too though not essential.
Will be hooking it up to to a cmoy and some new phones (yet decided on a pair).

What options are around?
Cheers in advance

-P

May 10, 2011 at 10:07 PM Post #2 of 5
I think you mean you want to be able to "pan" or balance the volume... I'm actually not too sure of the exact term either.
I know that most Cowon players can do that.  I believe Sandisk players can as well.
You're best option would probably be to get a Fuze+ (or a Clip+ if you want something small) and install rockbox.  That will give you the audio pan feature for sure.  Sandisk players also support FLAC just fine and also have SD card slots.

May 10, 2011 at 10:24 PM Post #3 of 5
Yeah pretty sure the sari0n is correct with the term panning.

I can also confirm that most Cowon players can do it, although I've heard some of their newer models do not go completely in one direction. So, if it is an absolute must, some of the older Cowon models are pretty good; or, as sari0n suggested, players that can be rockboxed.

May 11, 2011 at 4:09 AM Post #4 of 5
Oh nice, wasn't familiar with the Rockbox software before, seems easy enough too. Looks like it supports a few players too, that fuze looks tidy and they don't seem to be too expensive!
smile.gif
@ SouLazee, it's not that I want it to 'pan' it all in to one side (usually 65/35) so should be OK.
Will have a little look through these other players from http://www.rockbox.org/download/byhand.cgi later on.

Cheers!

May 11, 2011 at 4:27 AM Post #5 of 5
the clip+ or fuze rockboxed are your best bet. They support FLAC, microSD and you can change the balance (right and left)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back