Searching for smaller brother of Fostex TH-900.
Feb 9, 2015 at 12:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Chefano

100+ Head-Fier
Hi!
I love my TH-900 (sound and comfort wise) but they are bulk, I can't commute using them.
Can you kindly help me out to find a smaller size full headphone that has the same sound signature of the TH-900 but can be used outside paired with AK100 II?
Money is not problem now.

Regards!
beerchug.gif

Feb 9, 2015 at 9:20 AM Post #2 of 11
Hmm, TH-600?

Seriously, those things do sound special so your work might be cut out. Do you like the smoothness of the 900 model? Smooth and effortless was my impression - I'll have to try them again now.

Whether a decent beyerdynamic or something else, you'll have to compromise somewhere, or else get a bigger bag for work!

Feb 9, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #3 of 11
  Hmm, TH-600?

Seriously, those things do sound special so your work might be cut out. Do you like the smoothness of the 900 model? Smooth and effortless was my impression - I'll have to try them again now.

Whether a decent beyerdynamic or something else, you'll have to compromise somewhere, or else get a bigger bag for work!

Maybe you are right about my work! LOL
biggrin.gif

I love how the TH900 sounds, its smooth, delicate the same time is so clear! The TH600 is still bulky, I think I need  to try some of over the ear headphones =(

Feb 10, 2015 at 4:01 AM Post #5 of 11
I reviewed them on our site hifiheadphones back in December, and thought of them as a suggestion but I needed to know what you want (or want to compromise on) - these are incredible for the money, but coming from the TH-900 you might find them a bit on the bright side.

Not that they're overly bright - for me they stop short of fatiguing and I really enjoy them, but we're all different. If you were me, I'd recommend them wholeheartedly as I would be very happy with them. Try them if you can.

I'll add that I was trying them with a Fiio X3 which is relatively smooth as well, so the K100 might be a bit edgier.

Feb 10, 2015 at 7:21 PM Post #6 of 11
  I reviewed them on our site hifiheadphones back in December, and thought of them as a suggestion but I needed to know what you want (or want to compromise on) - these are incredible for the money, but coming from the TH-900 you might find them a bit on the bright side.

Not that they're overly bright - for me they stop short of fatiguing and I really enjoy them, but we're all different. If you were me, I'd recommend them wholeheartedly as I would be very happy with them. Try them if you can.

I'll add that I was trying them with a Fiio X3 which is relatively smooth as well, so the K100 might be a bit edgier.

I like the warm side (the dark side
biggrin.gif
) I can tell you something.. I have a Momentum and do like it at all, its so congested arghh

Feb 10, 2015 at 8:05 PM Post #7 of 11
Momentums are an easy listen and tonality is good, though.

Feb 11, 2015 at 4:25 AM Post #8 of 11
The Momentum on-ear might be an improvement over the full size but you've ruined your perspective now with the TH-900!

Like a meth user trying a cigarette - you'll be lucky to get a buzz, hehe

Feb 14, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #9 of 11
  The Momentum on-ear might be an improvement over the full size but you've ruined your perspective now with the TH-900!

Like a meth user trying a cigarette - you'll be lucky to get a buzz, hehe

LOL.
Im tempted to buy an Audeze EL-8, closed version. I like bass, how do you think EL-8 sounds?

Feb 14, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #10 of 11

LOL.
Im tempted to buy an Audeze EL-8, closed version. I like bass, how do you think EL-8 sounds?

Impressions so far say the Closed-Back version of Audeze EL-8 is actually brighter and thinner than the Open-Back, and doesn't have nearly the low-end Audeze is famous for.

Give the Shure SRH-1540 a try :D

Feb 21, 2015 at 7:56 PM Post #11 of 11

Ive narrowed my choice to the Shure SRH-1540 and the focal Spirit (Classic and One S).
​Unfortunately Im in Brazil right now and I don't have access to the headphones to test them :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back