Searching for a new DAP Which one should I go for???
Oct 20, 2013 at 6:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

shadowspine

New Head-Fier
I am looking to replace my ipod classic 160gb with another DAP (ipod is getting old). I have a pair of heir audio 4.AI and run it into a rendition 1 headphone amplifier. I just want the most clear and most neutral sounding DAP. Can anyone give me recommendations, I really like the Cowon Z2. 
Also it has to be expandable via sd or micro usb... i have a ton of music
Thanks!!

Oct 20, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #2 of 11
Might also post your DAP questions on the anythingbutipod website.

Oct 22, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #4 of 11
U didn't mention your budget..
DX50 probably fits your description

Oct 22, 2013 at 5:05 AM Post #5 of 11
I wouldn't recommend the Cowon Z2 unless you have the burning desire to run an outdated version of Android and experience a poorer sound the the other players in their range.

A better choice from their range would be the Cowon D20 as that is focused on music playback.

Oct 22, 2013 at 12:51 PM Post #6 of 11
i mean price isnt an issue (but all those DAP for 500+ is just sounds rediculous) . How much better is the DX50 than the ipod in terms of flat response audio quality and smoothness of the user interface?

Oct 22, 2013 at 1:01 PM Post #7 of 11
  i mean price isnt an issue (but all those DAP for 500+ is just sounds rediculous) . How much better is the DX50 than the ipod in terms of flat response audio quality and smoothness of the user interface?

as the price increases, the difference in SQ to price ratio in my opinion is very little if you ask me...
but the difference in SQ btw DX50 and iPod is big... however no UI or smoothness can match the iPod. If you SQ is your priority, DX50 wins hands down.
UI and smoothness, stick with iPod.

Oct 22, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #9 of 11
  alright then the DX50 it is... aslong as the UI works and doesnt really freeze it will be fine. I all i use my ipod for is music anywya, no video or apps. Playlists dont matter either. 

btw, hope you use a lot of Flacs
getting a high res player while only using compressed Mp3s won't give much difference compared to the iPod and you'll be holding back the DX50's real potential =)

Oct 22, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #11 of 11
  I wouldn't recommend the Cowon Z2 unless you have the burning desire to run an outdated version of Android and experience a poorer sound the the other players in their range.

Errr,,,,... I have a Z2, and since I think it sounds on par with many other budget players. Also dont forget it plays videos too. A step above many DAPs IMO. Not to mention the BBE settings, quick charge and last not the least slimness & expandable slot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back