searching for 20GB MP3 player
Oct 17, 2004 at 7:19 AM Post #16 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by torchedlh
check out the iaudio m3. i plan to purchase mine as soon as amazon has them in stock again.

I see $320 is lowest price on the jetaudio homepage which is more money than i would like to spend (it may be cheaper elsewhere?). In addition i do like that it plays "MPEG 1/2/2.5 Layer 3, WMA *, OGG, WAV **, FLAC" which is great. Howver, I don't really need to pay extra for the ogg, wav, or flac. All of my music is in wma or mp3 (mostly mp3).

Oct 17, 2004 at 7:20 AM Post #17 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by laughingman
But dell frequently have many coupons out (like 15% etc), check one of those deal site (fatwallet, slickdeal, etc). There was a very good deal on the 15gb one couple days ago, they were as low as $129, I am still pissed that I missed out on that.

I do indeed spend much time on fatwallet (same screen name), but I always miss the good dell deals. I will check out slickdeals. It would be nice if woot.com came up with something though.

Oct 17, 2004 at 2:59 PM Post #19 of 29
If you are really price conscious and want a 20GB player, I like my Samsung/Napster YP910G. I think you can get them on Ebay for around $160 or so. It has a few quirks (read the Amazon reviews), but I think it is a solid player and a real bargain.

Oct 18, 2004 at 4:46 AM Post #20 of 29
Looks like I am going for the Creative Labs Zen Touch 20 GB MP3 Player for $234.25 including tax (California) and shipping. If anyone has a better price from a trusted website let me know.

Thank you for all the recommendations.

Oct 18, 2004 at 2:24 PM Post #22 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by bpm3k
Looks like I am going for the Creative Labs Zen Touch 20 GB MP3 Player for $234.25 including tax (California) and shipping. If anyone has a better price from a trusted website let me know.

Thank you for all the recommendations.

I'm not sure if this is cheaper, but ecost.com has it for $224.99 (plus handling fee). This includes free shipping.

ZEN TOUCH

smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 18, 2004 at 4:12 PM Post #23 of 29
I am very happy with my Dell 20GB. Seems to hover around $240.00 (there is typically some Deal on-line) and it does allow me to store data as well as music. The Dell browser will let you use the unit as an external hard-drive. The recorder is cool though I haven’t tried recording live music yet. It drives my Shure E2’s though I have hopes that my Go-Vibe will arrive today. I would recommend this player to anyone.

Ed

Oct 18, 2004 at 5:18 PM Post #24 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by GSTom1
I'm not sure if this is cheaper, but ecost.com has it for $224.99 (plus handling fee). This includes free shipping.

ZEN TOUCH

smily_headphones1.gif

First of all, I refuse to order from ecost because of the "handling fee":
"We charge a "handling fee" on most transactions in order to help cover our warehousing, order handling, systems and overhead costs. This fee also includes a very small profit on the transaction and is calculated at Checkout based upon your order size."

That is crap. No one else charges this fee WHILE advertising Free shipping over $25.

Second, the "handling fee" plus sales tax brings it to $249.92 (they even charge tax on the handling fee).

Oct 18, 2004 at 6:20 PM Post #25 of 29
Seeing all these good deals has me a little confused. I was almost set on picking up an Iriver H120 this weekend, as I read on here that BB was closing them out, some for around 250 or even less.
Well, I called all my local BB's and only found them for 300 to 330, so I decided to wait.
I will check out those deal sites, but does anyone know a trusted online retailer or other store that even carries the Irivers (checked at CompUSA, BestBuy, Circuit City, didn't see them) that sells these for less than about 300, and how do you go about getting an extended warranty on them if you buy them online instead of through BB or some such store? Thanks.

Oct 19, 2004 at 1:09 AM Post #26 of 29
Welcome, shlo_mo_shun!

Newegg.com has (well, had) the H120 for $299.99. Unfortunately, they ran out of the players. Too bad, since Newegg also offered an extended warranty service.

If you buy a player, you can try buying an extended warranty from places like Viking Warranty or Mack Warranty. Judging from what I've read, Viking might be the better choice. The technicians at Mack Warranty who would fix your players are camera repairpeople, who probably do not know anything about DAPs.

Oct 19, 2004 at 2:19 PM Post #27 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by bpm3k
First of all, I refuse to order from ecost because of the "handling fee":
"We charge a "handling fee" on most transactions in order to help cover our warehousing, order handling, systems and overhead costs. This fee also includes a very small profit on the transaction and is calculated at Checkout based upon your order size."

That is crap. No one else charges this fee WHILE advertising Free shipping over $25.

Second, the "handling fee" plus sales tax brings it to $249.92 (they even charge tax on the handling fee).

Take a chill pill man! I was merely making a suggestion. Sheesh.

eek.gif

Oct 20, 2004 at 9:35 PM Post #29 of 29
Another choice would be the archos gmini XS200.
Believe it or not this 20 GB player is the sizes of most 4GB microdrive players. In other words is way smaller than Ipod, plus the price is only 250.
I dont know about is sound quality and performance but archos always makes solid players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back