searching an amp for HD600
Feb 9, 2003 at 1:33 PM Post #3 of 18
Hi,

I'm like you, searching an amp for my HD600.

Everybody told me to buy the MG Head OTL, so it seems to be a

good product.

I don't know what I'm going to buy yet, MG Head or another one like X-Can V2 and X-Psu, Creek, Headroom Little more power...

Take a look at past furum discutions about this.

Here More discutions making a search in the amplification forum.

Good luck!

Sandro

Feb 9, 2003 at 3:48 PM Post #4 of 18
thank u, sandro.
in china many friends suggest this machine:
G&W T2A, about250USD.
they also suggest 11se.
one said:T2A is a little bit fatty and slow,11se is good for classic.
I didnot hear mg head otl before,I will pay attention to it!
no one here think xcan fit for HD600.
g&w-t2.1a-l.jpg

Feb 9, 2003 at 5:12 PM Post #6 of 18
Here are some images of the inside of this $250 amp. Does the build quality and parts look like they'll produce good sound?

p-t2a.jpg

p-t2a-2.jpg

p-t2a-3.jpg

p-t2a-4.jpg

p-t2a-5.jpg

Feb 9, 2003 at 11:57 PM Post #10 of 18
looks like a nice amp, though without closer inspection/listening, who knows how it would sound? Why don't you be our guinea pig?
wink.gif

The MG head would match up very nicely with the 600s, if you don't feel like taking the risk. The 'head gives you a nice upgrade path(though that amp will too).

Feb 10, 2003 at 7:37 AM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by JMT
Hey, if they use an Alps Blue Velvet they can't be all bad.
biggrin.gif

I found many Alps Blue Velvet look V.R in China but much cheaper. We are order parts from Alps directly but Alps supplier to us is difference look ! May be Alps Blue Velvet is just for North America !

Feb 10, 2003 at 7:43 AM Post #13 of 18
Joe,

Well, is the new MG Head OTL MkII using the REAL Alps Blue Velvet control or just the usual 'look alike" supplied to China manufacturers?

How are YOU sure you are getting the real thing?

Feb 10, 2003 at 8:00 AM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by merc
Joe,

Well, is the new MG Head OTL MkII using the REAL Alps Blue Velvet control or just the usual 'look alike" supplied to China manufacturers?

How are YOU sure you are getting the real thing?

No ! MG-Head OTL MarkII is not Alps Blue Velvet but We order from a Taiwan manufacturer with same quality level.

We have use Alps 18mm type (Black color not Blue) in old MG-Head. It is detend type. Most user don't like detend type and I change it.

How can I sure our parts is real thing ? It is a good question.
We are order from Alps directly. Our head office is locate in Hong Kong. We can purchas parts from Manufacturer directly. e.g We buy "MIT" Cap , "Nippon Chemicon" cap , Alps V.R , JJ tube ........
Most of parts is order direct from manufacturers.

Feb 11, 2003 at 10:19 AM Post #15 of 18
I sent the company (av-2000) an email yesterday and got a reply today. This is pretty good as I sent an email to Sonic Adventure over a week ago and got nothing back like many others. Anyway I live in the UK and asked if they can ship to the UK and they said yes and provided prices in Renminbi which when converted to £ were very cheap. However shipping costs are almost as much as the amp. Not sure if I want to take a chance without knowing anything about these products but at least the company seems prepared to do business abroad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back