Search Function Not Working For Me -- What To Do?
Jul 17, 2005 at 3:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

bLue_oNioN

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi,

I've been trying to use the search function lately, mostly in the Headphone and Amplifier sections, and find that it often turns up with an error page:

"Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: ""
The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

For assistance, contact your network support team."

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the help!

Jul 17, 2005 at 4:09 AM Post #3 of 17
Advanced Search works just fine for me.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 17, 2005 at 8:55 PM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Search has worked fine for me. No problems.

Try clearing your cookies. And then deleting all temporary internet files if that doesn't work.

-Ed

Already did that yesterday and again today bit it's still not working.
confused.gif
(logging out clears cookies here, right?

Jul 17, 2005 at 9:14 PM Post #10 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Silfer
Already did that yesterday and again today bit it's still not working.
confused.gif
(logging out clears cookies here, right?

Cookies are saved and are not erased when you log out. The way to clear them is to go to Internet Options under the Tools menu and delete them there. You know they are gone as you will not be logged in when you sign on. You can delete the temporary Internet files at the same time if you want to.

Jul 17, 2005 at 9:39 PM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by bLue_oNioN
Hi,

I've been trying to use the search function lately, mostly in the Headphone and Amplifier sections, and find that it often turns up with an error page:

"Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: ""
The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

For assistance, contact your network support team."

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the help!

Use your Brain?

Jul 17, 2005 at 10:00 PM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by john_jcb
Cookies are saved and are not erased when you log out. The way to clear them is to go to Internet Options under the Tools menu and delete them there. You know they are gone as you will not be logged in when you sign on. You can delete the temporary Internet files at the same time if you want to.

I did that after it didn't work. And the search worked the first time (did a search for cookie). Then I did a regular search (I'm looking for an old thread about grado sounding speakers btw.) and the search didn't work anymore...

[edit]
Tried again just now.
Search for "cookie" and it works. Search for "grado speakers" and no go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back