Search for perfect metal can continues.
Jul 19, 2007 at 6:56 PM Post #17 of 28
Hey! If you didn't like grado and thought dt990 was to bright and sibilant, the [size=xx-large]D2000[/size] is for [size=xx-large]YOU[/size] don't look anywhere else they are the can for metal, you can stop search!
tongue.gif

Jul 19, 2007 at 7:02 PM Post #18 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurra1980 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey! If you didn't like grado and thought dt990 was to bright and sibilant, the [size=xx-large]D2000[/size] is for [size=xx-large]YOU[/size] don't look anywhere else they are the can for metal, you can stop search!
tongue.gif

Please. What melodic metal bands ever came out of Gothenburg, Sweden? ; )

Jul 19, 2007 at 7:07 PM Post #19 of 28
Quote:

Hey! If you didn't like grado and thought dt990 was to bright and sibilant, the [size=small]D2000[/size] is for [size=small]YOU[/size] don't look anywhere else they are the can for metal, you can stop search!
tongue.gif

I have to disagree. It might be my rig (I doubt it) but the D2000 are the only headphone to date that has managed to give me a headache. The bass is boomy and uncontrolled. Sure, it's deep and you can feel the bass going into your body, but honestly, it dosen't "feel good".

Then there's the fit issue. I have a quite big head and the D2000 are quite big too, but they sit way too loose. Even the slightest movement seems to put them in the wrong angle.

I'd give some higher-end Grado's a shot. RS-2 or RS-1 (people seem to prefer the RS-1 though). The SR-225 is also a great pair of rock / metal cans. Flatpads are obligatory though.

Jul 19, 2007 at 9:53 PM Post #20 of 28
Please try your GS-1000's with Metal when they arrive,it should be intersting to hear your opinion....
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have to disagree. It might be my rig (I doubt it) but the D2000 are the only headphone to date that has managed to give me a headache. The bass is boomy and uncontrolled. Sure, it's deep and you can feel the bass going into your body, but honestly, it dosen't "feel good".

Then there's the fit issue. I have a quite big head and the D2000 are quite big too, but they sit way too loose. Even the slightest movement seems to put them in the wrong angle.

I'd give some higher-end Grado's a shot. RS-2 or RS-1 (people seem to prefer the RS-1 though). The SR-225 is also a great pair of rock / metal cans. Flatpads are obligatory though.

Jul 19, 2007 at 10:02 PM Post #21 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFiRE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
An open Ultrasone
-don't know much about their products

PROline 2500's or HFI-2200? i think they're fairly similar, it might not be the 2200 but i think thats the hfi equivalent of the 2500's. if you liked the hfi 650's except for the fact it was closed you may like these.

Jul 19, 2007 at 10:03 PM Post #22 of 28
Quote:

It must be the setup or the volume you liten to, I can't imagine anyone get a headache with D2000 on my setup.
Uncontrolled bass?
blink.gif
They have quite a lot of bass if the ear pads sits at the wrong angle. I agree they fit quite loose but super comfy, would not headbang with them on though
tongue.gif

No these headphones has attac, speed and slam that is so important with metal. Choose Grado if you can manage piercing highs, D2000 if you want some basspunch and a normal treble.
icon10.gif

Jul 20, 2007 at 12:56 AM Post #23 of 28
Thanks for the replies everyone. It seems like if you're looking for any opinion, you can find it here. Heh.

Here's what seems to be in the running.

darth beyers
d2000
proline 2500
sr225, rs-1, rs-2

I'm quite disappointed with the dt990, I think I might not go the 770 route just yet.

I auditioned the rs-1 when I was in Seoul and remember not being particularly jazzed about it. I had the 325i and tried it with the pads flipped around, they didn't do it for me either. When I was in Bangkok I tried the ms-1, but preferred the hfi-650. The grado/alessandro don't have the bass quantity I prefer, it seems. I'm a little skeptical of pursuing that direction.

The denon line is so new I'm not sure if I trust it.

I'm inclined to go the ultrasone route.

I'm not going to rush this decision, further input would be appreciated!

Jul 20, 2007 at 1:28 AM Post #24 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFiRE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the replies everyone. It seems like if you're looking for any opinion, you can find it here. Heh.

Here's what seems to be in the running.

darth beyers
d2000
proline 2500
sr225, rs-1, rs-2

I'm quite disappointed with the dt990, I think I might not go the 770 route just yet.

I auditioned the rs-1 when I was in Seoul and remember not being particularly jazzed about it. I had the 325i and tried it with the pads flipped around, they didn't do it for me either. When I was in Bangkok I tried the ms-1, but preferred the hfi-650. The grado/alessandro don't have the bass quantity I prefer, it seems. I'm a little skeptical of pursuing that direction.

The denon line is so new I'm not sure if I trust it.

I'm inclined to go the ultrasone route.

I'm not going to rush this decision, further input would be appreciated!

I feel an URGE to get you in the right direction!
wink.gif
When I was looking for a metal can I tried Dt990 and the things I didn't like was that the trebble was to sharp/sibilant and the midrange was recessed and the bass was a little overpowering, I searched and red all over this place and decided to go with the D2000, they are a little like dt990 with less sharp highs, better midrange, faster and not so overpowering bass.
And BTW they are not a FOTM, they are truly good. I hurts when someone say they don't trust D2000 because they are new
frown.gif

Jul 20, 2007 at 3:21 AM Post #25 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoomzDayz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but how could you! its neal morse!

Ouch! I did it again - once I named him Neil Morse! My apologies Neal.
wink.gif

Jul 20, 2007 at 12:01 PM Post #26 of 28
Quote:

It must be the setup or the volume you liten to, I can't imagine anyone get a headache with D2000 on my setup.
Uncontrolled bass?
blink.gif
They have quite a lot of bass if the ear pads sits at the wrong angle. I agree they fit quite loose but super comfy, would not headbang with them on though
tongue.gif

No these headphones has attac, speed and slam that is so important with metal. Choose Grado if you can manage piercing highs, D2000 if you want some basspunch and a normal treble.
icon10.gif

10-11 'o clock on my Opera at low gain and I doubt a $3500 source would have such harmful effects on the sound. Any rig I've used them on sounds the same to me. If I use any of the other headphones within the walls of this house, it all sounds wonderful, but with the D2000, one could wish for more. Alot more in fact. Their overall sound is great, it is just that they lack quality bass (not quantity).

Quote:

they are a little like dt990 with less sharp highs, better midrange, faster and not so overpowering bass.

Overpowered bass is exactly what they have. The bass takes over all the other parts of the music.

Jul 20, 2007 at 12:21 PM Post #27 of 28
Quote:

10-11 'o clock on my Opera at low gain and I doubt a $3500 source would have such harmful effects on the sound. Any rig I've used them on sounds the same to me. If I use any of the other headphones within the walls of this house, it all sounds wonderful, but with the D2000, one could wish for more. Alot more in fact. Their overall sound is great, it is just that they lack quality bass (not quantity).

Overpowered bass is exactly what they have. The bass takes over all the other parts of the music.

LOL, yea I guess this is what makes it so hard to now how a headphone sounds like just by reading here, everyone hears it there own way and it is remarkable how different one perceive sound.

Jul 20, 2007 at 1:28 PM Post #28 of 28
Quote:

LOL, yea I guess this is what makes it so hard to now how a headphone sounds like just by reading here, everyone hears it there own way and it is remarkable how different one perceive sound.

Yeah, I guess so.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back