search for a portable supra-aural
Jul 29, 2007 at 12:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

xinoxide

500+ Head-Fier
pulling out IEMs/canalphones is kind of a pain in the tush when it comes to trying to hear someone. working in a warehouse im constantly taking my e2c's out to hear whats up for order so i can sort crap out and get it shipped out, but my sanity comes first, ive got another $140 im looking to burn. also, since i work in a warehouse, a dirty place full of ways for things to get broken... a trifecta of durability/performance/cost must be taken into consideration when i make this purchase.

a little snippet to help you guys get to know more of what im looking for.

something that wont slip off my head too easily, fits on ears to i can just swipe them off my head when my boss walks in puking orders out of his face so i can hear him. neutral or warm sound, good high extesion must be there though as i listen to DNB while i work to keep me working at a good pace. bass i prefer punchy, but i am satisfied with the more fatty bassy bass as long as its tight and controlled easily without an amp.

and a FYI... ive been eyeballing the ultrasone HFI-15G.. BUT... id be kind of afraid to wear them where i work.

thanks in advance.

Jul 29, 2007 at 1:00 AM Post #2 of 7
Why are you afraid to try the HFI-15G? They are warmer sounding and by far one of the most comfortable headphones I've worn. The only downside is the cord...it's thicker and longer than most.

Take a look a the portables in my sig and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Jul 29, 2007 at 1:12 AM Post #3 of 7
ultrasone is like my flagship, i do alot of gaming, 95% of wich is lanning in tournaments and such. and im known ( a bit ) for the use of my ultrasones and my play by sound playing style, i would just love the hfi-15g's too much to introduce them to my job.

Jul 29, 2007 at 1:31 AM Post #4 of 7
You want a pair of Senn HD25-1's.

Jul 29, 2007 at 3:04 PM Post #5 of 7
the HD25-1's appear to be a little bass deficient, although through reading up it might be clean bass, quantity plays a bit of a role here.

Jul 30, 2007 at 11:22 PM Post #7 of 7
im seeing something about a large and small variation of the K81DJ, whats this about?

... nevermind, its the bassboost switch.. hmm..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back