"Seamless" audio possible in Windows 7?
Dec 25, 2016 at 12:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

yawg

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

My problem may have been addressed already but anyway, here it is: Soundwise I'm very satisfied with my portable audio gear, an older Win7 Samsung netbook playing my FLAC and AIFF files using Foobar 2000 via my refurbished FiiO E7 amp/DAC, using the DAC in the E7 and my fantastic BossHifi B8 Denon-lookalike HP I found on AliExpress.

But even when I close my other programs like browser etc. the playback is still not seamless, every 10 or 20 seconds the audio is broken by a little click or a very short pause, very annoying. When I play my music with the same configuration from my old Nokia phone the music is seamless with the same sound quality. But I have only 32 GB for it so it's no good option to transfer all my audio files to the Nokia's SD card. And I can't use an USB thumb drive because I need the USB out on the phone for the E7.

What would be the solution to my problem? Could I use Asio drivers on the netbook? Nobody out there with a similar problem?

Thanks a lot for any suggestions,

Merry christmas from the Philippines.

Dec 25, 2016 at 2:32 AM Post #2 of 2
If the CPU is throttling this can sometimes cause interruptions in audio playback. It isn't a feature you likely want to disable on a netbook though, as it may be needed for thermal control. Good news: this is not a "Windows 7" issue though - I've only ever experienced this on mobile/embedded/etc devices that throttle heavily, but on desktops or DTRs I've never known this to happen. :xf_eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back