Sealed/semi-sealed headphone suggestion ~$200
Nov 13, 2006 at 10:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

santiu

Head-Fier
Love Grado's but I'm looking for some isolation (new office has more ambient noise than I expected).

~$200 price cap, i'm hoping to find something that has a similar "in-your-face" type Grado sound. Also needs to be comfortable as I wear my headphones for hours and hours at a time (I'm not a fan of IEM's for extended wear). Doesn't need to have amazing isolation, just needs to have some isolation...

Thanks
biggrin.gif

Nov 13, 2006 at 11:07 PM Post #2 of 7
I wud recommend the AT A700/A900. Although I cannot comment on the SQ yet cos I am still waiting for mine. But based on what I have read about them, they are very comfy, closed and most ppl seem to think they sound good. Even I am gonna be using them in my office.

Nov 13, 2006 at 11:30 PM Post #3 of 7
I'd say the audio-technicas are a bad idea here. They don't have the in-your-face grado sound, they're more mid-way between grado and senn in that respect. That aside from the fact they don't have the huge treble of grados.. it's just a really different sound signature.

Nov 14, 2006 at 12:45 AM Post #5 of 7
DT880s are open and are even more distant sounding.

Nov 14, 2006 at 3:39 PM Post #6 of 7
Esidarap, do you have any suggestions? Anybody else?

Maybe it's a lost cause. All i know is that I'm not a fan of the laid back sennheiser presentation. So maybe someone can suggest a sealed/semi-sealed headphone that is just more engaging than the sennheiser sound.

Nov 14, 2006 at 3:54 PM Post #7 of 7
I don't have any Grado (other then the MS1) but I do have the A900LTD and I adore these for closed and fun sound. They are actually my primary can most of the time now (although the DT880 will overtake them again anyday I'm sure - but they aren't closed and are very laid back/analytical sounding) I'm not sure how the LTD are compared to the normal version but I think they are very fun and don't feel there's a veil to them at all (maybe it's how they fit with the Aria - I don't know)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back