Sealed cans for eyeglass-wearer on noisy streets, subway?
Aug 15, 2007 at 1:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

jumpka

New Head-Fier
[size=xx-small](I asked a similar question recently, but I neglected to mention that I wear eyeglasses, and I see upon reading reviews that this could be an issue....)[/size]

With a budget of $175, I'm looking for cans for when I don't use my Westone UM1s.

I intend to use them primarily on the street and in the NYC subway, for up to 4 hours at a time -- so SQ with isolation is a big issue. They'll also spend time in a messenger bag so I'd like for them to be portable/durable.

I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable wearing BIG headphones in public.

I'm looking for SQ obviously, but I really need isolation, comfort and portability.

Some contenders:

(1) Audio Technica ATH-ANC7. If the noise suppression works, these could be the ones. But I've read that extended sessions using the anti-noise generated by the noise-reduction causes fatigue in some users. Any problems with eyeglass wearers?

(2) Sennheiser HD 25-1 barely goes over my $175 budget. Skylab's review of $150 sealed cans used this model as the reference, but his was modded. Is the unmodded hd25-1 superior in real-world, noisy situations? Any problems with eyeglass wearers?

(3) Sennheiser HD 280 is pretty great deal, but it appears the SQ isn't as good as the ATH-ANC7...? Any problems with eyeglass wearers?

(4) If noisy situations suffciently affect the sound quality of sealed headphones (I don't know for sure -- so they?), should I just go low-priced and get the K26P and not notice much real-world difference? Any problems with eyeglass wearers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back