Seal, good music or crap?
Nov 6, 2003 at 1:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

HD-5000

1000+ Head-Fier
I say good music. I first heard of and saw a music video of Seal at a movie theater recently and that provoked an instantaneous interest in his music. Does anyone else like his music, and if you do, can you recommend me more that is similar?

By the way, play it for girls and let the sparks fly.

Nov 6, 2003 at 2:11 AM Post #2 of 20
I'm very fond of his music and the quality of the cd's. I have liked seal since I heard his first album. I have heard he has done some acoustic work, but I can only find these as single lp's. They're quite expensive bought together, so I'll wait till I get a job before I buy them.

I'm a bit of a closet fan though. I'm not sure he's overwhelmingly accepted as a quality artist, so I keep it to myself.

BILL

Nov 6, 2003 at 4:17 AM Post #6 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by HD-5000
Well, I'm not sure how to dsecribe his music, but is the singer behind "I wanna fly like an eagle".

I thought that was Steve Miller?
wink.gif

Nov 6, 2003 at 4:39 AM Post #8 of 20
I'd classify seal along the lines of being a pop artist...I think his most famous single in 'Kiss From a Rose' in the Batman Forever Soundtrack...I haven't heard much of his other stuff....

Nov 6, 2003 at 5:55 AM Post #9 of 20
His music reminds me a lot of Sting's most recent stuff.

Nov 6, 2003 at 3:21 PM Post #12 of 20
Seal is good.

I think his biggest hit besides "Kiss From A Rose" is

"Crazy" . It is a VERY VERY
good one.

I bought the LP that has "Crazy"and it is actually very good. I recommend it.

Nov 6, 2003 at 6:15 PM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by lextek
It was Steve Miller.

Seal did a redo. I think he has a unique voice and his music bores the crap out of me.

Nov 6, 2003 at 7:02 PM Post #15 of 20
I have his middle two albums (Seal [1994] and Human Being). I think that they are both great albums. I don't really think of Sting when I think of Seal's music. Seal's voice is a lot more soulful, and the sound of the music comes from a different place than Sting's. I've heard his first album too, but I don't remember it too well. But I highly recommend his second.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back