Seal better on right earbud versus the left, send in for warranty?
Mar 15, 2011 at 1:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Velorium

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone's experienced an issue of having one earbud that makes a better seal than the other.

My right earbud seems to have a tighter seal than my left earbud on my new pair of Thinksound Rains. I'm pretty sure I've ruled out everything else because I've swapped the tips on each [with no change], as well as putting the right earbud in the left ear & vice versa. It's easily noticeable when slightly tugging on the earbuds, the left earbud is easier to take out no matter which ear it's in. It also seems like the left earbud is quieter as a result [obviously?] from what seems to be less isolation for just the one.

Any thoughts on how else to verify or troubleshoot this? Should I send them in for warranty? Am I just being too picky?

Thanks for your time in advance.

Mar 15, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #3 of 4
Your ears are asymmetrical, just like the fingerprints of both hands. Your right ear appears to work better with your iems than your left ear. The only remedies would be to have mismatching tips, custom tips, or forego these headphones altogether and purchase a custom iem.

Mar 15, 2011 at 4:03 PM Post #4 of 4
I'm not led to believe that it's my ears though. I swapped which ear each earbud was in and the right earbud still seemed to keep somewhat more pressure. Swapping L&R tips & sizes also made no difference. I guess I'll just e-mail Thinksound and see if they'll consider something. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back