muppet

Head-Fier
Hello all

Ill get to the point of many questions

Budget £3000 sterling $5000
muisc tastes 70/80's Pop And soft Rock
Ipad 3rd gen and Iphone 4s source's
Current cans HD25-2 II

Althought i have the greatest respect for my Senns, Im seeking all there atributes but greatly improved, tighter bass punchy Bass, Bone crunching detail, and above music to be fun.
What i dont want really want is over ear headphones ( well not super large ) amps and dacs are considrable to.
consider what is availble in the uk

I Have imense trouble writing this or thinking what to write.

thank you for taking the time to read this

regards
Muppet

May 10, 2012 at 4:11 AM Post #2 of 8
Thats actually a tough one, muppet - Brits seem to be able to get speakers and some electronics at bargain prices, but you get gouged for many headphones (Grado - ouch ...), I cant help you with specific recommendations, but I wanted to point this out before others start chiming in with US sticker prices. Nothing worse than getting to the checkout and being told that they cant deliver to your non-CONUS address. 
mad.gif

(You also need to be a little more specific - do your prefer warmth and euphony over ruler-flat neutrality - from your cans, perhaps its the other way around. In any case, upgrading your cans will give you the most immediate and obvious improvement (hopefully..) - the challenge then becomes ensuring that your source and amp is up to the task, It can get very, very expensive - take your time and try to avoid FOTM gear)

May 10, 2012 at 5:14 AM Post #3 of 8
With those kind of requirement I would rush out and audition the Denon D7000. It has exactly those same attributes that caused me to add it to my headphone collection.

May 10, 2012 at 9:08 AM Post #4 of 8
Thats actually a tough one, muppet - Brits seem to be able to get speakers and some electronics at bargain prices, but you get gouged for many headphones (Grado - ouch ...), I cant help you with specific recommendations, but I wanted to point this out before others start chiming in with US sticker prices. Nothing worse than getting to the checkout and being told that they cant deliver to your non-CONUS address. :mad:

(You also need to be a little more specific - do your prefer warmth and euphony over ruler-flat neutrality - from your cans, perhaps its the other way around. In any case, upgrading your cans will give you the most immediate and obvious improvement (hopefully..) - the challenge then becomes ensuring that your source and amp is up to the task, It can get very, very expensive - take your time and try to avoid FOTM gear)

Thanks

Neutral as possible could be a little warm

May 10, 2012 at 9:21 AM Post #5 of 8
With those kind of requirement I would rush out and audition the Denon D7000. It has exactly those same attributes that caused me to add it to my headphone collection.

Certainly going try and get listen, thank you, just read a review sounds good, but don't all reviews leave people salivating :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back