Seagate Wireless Plus - 1TB of FLAC on the go !!!
Mar 18, 2013 at 12:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

JoeFonebone

New Head-Fier
[size=12pt]Generally speaking, this is a great product. The biggest problem is that the [/size][size=12pt]SeagateMedia app only supports file types that are native to the associated device. In my case, I cannot use the Seagate app to play FLAC files on my iPhone5. This is only a minor inconvenience because there are many FLAC player apps that can connect to the HDD via DLNA/UPnP. Use of the apps is somewhat problematic, however, because each time the HDD starts up, the app re-indexes all of the files on the HDD. I have about 500 GB of FLAC music files on the HDD. The AC/DC folder shows up immediately, while it takes about 15-20 minutes for ZZ Top folder to appear. This issue is exactly the same for the three different FLAC player apps that have tried. I confirmed through experimentation (and calls to tech support) that it is not an issue with the drive itself.[/size]

[size=12pt]Seagate tech support indicated that the folks in charge might add FLAC support to the [size=12pt]SeagateMedia[/size] app if enough people requested it, so it you'd like convenient portable FLAC for an iDevice, let them know.[/size]
[size=12pt]http://www.seagate.com/support/contact-support/[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back