se535 > T50p ?????
Nov 25, 2010 at 1:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

ben201

Head-Fier
hey guys I own a se535 which is like a month old...
i really like the iem and but you know i want to hear something better everytime...
i do not have anything but ipod touch 4gen 32g and macbook pro with the earphones
I would not mind moving into a headphones like d5000 and hd650 if that would be better (with amp and dac)
i really really need the advice....
should i sell my se535 and move on to headphones??!

Nov 25, 2010 at 2:31 AM Post #3 of 10
I think if you still like to keep it ultra portable and want even better sound(clarity, details, soundstage) than HD650, D5000 then custom JH13Pro are better pick without using AMPs and offcourse they much improve with AMPs help. BTW HD650, D5000 still sound much better than SE535 when use with AMP/DAC like D12, Toucan/boomslang.

Nov 26, 2010 at 12:47 AM Post #5 of 10
I'm not an audiophile by any means at all so take my opinion with a grain of salt... I would say I'm an enthusiast at best but I do have the SE535's and Grado sr325is's.  I also plan on getting the t50p's soon.  For me they all serve different purposes.  The Grado's are great for at home listening, the 535's are great IEM's for on the go when you need something small and the t50p's will be a great alternative to the 535's.

It's tough to answer your question about what would be best for you.  I think you need to look at the applications for which you are going to use your phones and choose based on that.  Do you listen at home mostly?  Does portability matter?  Is there something about the 535's you don't like?

Personally, I would not want to sell my 535's.  I like the sound too much to give them up just yet.

Nov 26, 2010 at 12:57 AM Post #6 of 10

Quote:
I'm not an audiophile by any means at all so take my opinion with a grain of salt... I would say I'm an enthusiast at best but I do have the SE535's and Grado sr325is's.  I also plan on getting the t50p's soon.  For me they all serve different purposes.  The Grado's are great for at home listening, the 535's are great IEM's for on the go when you need something small and the t50p's will be a great alternative to the 535's.

It's tough to answer your question about what would be best for you.  I think you need to look at the applications for which you are going to use your phones and choose based on that.  Do you listen at home mostly?  Does portability matter?  Is there something about the 535's you don't like?

Personally, I would not want to sell my 535's.  I like the sound too much to give them up just yet.

thank you for your great reply....
i really really like se535 but you know i want to see if theres something better!!
i listen at home most of the time but since i am not very very rich i thought it would be a good idea 
just to stick with earphones, but now i really want to try headpohnes and t50p sounds like a great jump from se535..
would it be?

Nov 26, 2010 at 1:14 AM Post #7 of 10
Better is a very subjective term here on headfi, the law of diminishing return is quite evident with audio gear.  I never heard the SE535 but the T50P are very polar, some like them other hate them.

Nov 26, 2010 at 1:10 PM Post #9 of 10
You should look in to Grado and other brands if your price point is at the t50p. At $300 you have a LOT of options. My favorite full size phones are my Grado Sr325is right now... your best bet is to find a store, try some out and see what you like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back